DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and Occusync

KNS

Reactions
Apologies as I'm sure this has already been discussed. I currently have the Mini 1 and fly it in a suburban location with all the resulting WiFi communication issues, particularly here in the UK and Europe where we have a reduced signal strength!
Can anyone give an opinion on how much more effective Occusync in the Mini 2 would be? Currently I lose signal in as little as 500-1000 feet, what could I expect from the Mini 2?

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
I don't know that the difference can necessarily be quantified. But Ocusync should help overcome the interference in a suburban environment. I would suspect that it would provide enough range to take you to the edge of your ability to see your Mini, which even with strobes, in daylight is only about 1600 feet.

Have you tried the Yagi or parabolic signal focusers? While they make the signal more directional they do provide more signal strength in the direction the antennae are pointed. Also, others have reported some sort of hack to get your CE controller to act like an FCC one with more transmission strength.

As a side note, I cannot comprehend the logic of the EU countries limiting the transmission strength when losing signal increases the chances of fly-away drones?

Apologies as I'm sure this has already been discussed. I currently have the Mini 1 and fly it in a suburban location with all the resulting WiFi communication issues, particularly here in the UK and Europe where we have a reduced signal strength!
Can anyone give an opinion on how much more effective Occusync in the Mini 2 would be? Currently I lose signal in as little as 500-1000 feet, what could I expect from the Mini 2?
It’s a large difference

I dont have the Mini1, but I do own an Air1 which also uses the wifi system. My Mini2 is much more stable and secure and less laggy, and gets much better distance. I’m in a semi rural village in Yorkshire.

I have had no problems with the mini 2
Range is far better than mini 1
HTH

Definitely a much improved connection. I currently own both the 1 & 2. Have had countless issues with the Mini 1 but since having the Mini 2, I've had nothing but uninterrupted connection.
Very seldom do I fly my Mini 1, so with that said, am considering a sale.

I've got the Mini and Mini 2, the Mini 2 Occusync is far superior, Even better if you have an IOS and unlock the FCC (if you are in the UK). I don't push it but not even had a singles loss of signal message yet. Loss of 1 bar is probably the worst. I was always getting signal loss on my Mini 1

I don't own the MM2, but hearing great reviews about the Occusync.
Do a search using the glass upper right hand corner.

Yes, on this forum at least, for some reason, you'll probably get more hits on "Occusync" than you will with the correct spelling, Ocusync.
Valid point!
Thanks for the responses, I am currently in the process of selling my Mini 1, and will look then to get hold of the Mini 2 Combo.
As an aside, has anyone bought from these online sites that offer a considerable discount over RRP, I usually prefer the security of a large retailer here in the UK, but at as low as £419 as opposed to £549 it makes a compelling saving!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk