DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro and RC Pro signal issues

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have a mini 3 Pro and RC Pro controller. I’ve noticed something strange about the signal. After going out a few thousand feet, the signal strength drops to 1 bar.

However, if I turn the drone to the left so that the left side is facing the remote, the signal goes back to full bars and I can continue on for quite some distance. Has anyone else experienced this? Im at star sting to think there may be an issue with the antanna on the Mini 3 pro.

Thanks,

SH

I have read that the Mini 3 Pro has 4 horizontal antennae, one in each arm. If turning your bird makes a large difference in connectivity, could it be that one or more of your bird's antennae are not working? Disclaimer: I'm no expert, and I will gladly be corrected by actual experts. However, I personally have been happily surprised to see that turning my Mini 3 Pro never seems to have any effect on connectivity, even when it's far away.

Glad to get clarity on RC Pro compatibility here. Oddly, this info hasn’t been updated on the DJI website.

I had an issue a few weeks ago with my RC controller, got out approx 2300ft and a message starting coming up " Remote controller signal may be blocked" and "to position the aircraft at the controller" I had no control and after a few seconds the Mini3 returned to home, once the signal was resumed I gained control.
Not sure what was causing this

Attachments

• Log shot 2023-06-29.jpg
    Log shot 2023-06-29.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 5
I had an issue a few weeks ago with my RC controller, got out approx 2300ft and a message starting coming up " Remote controller signal may be blocked" and "to position the aircraft at the controller" I had no control and after a few seconds the Mini3 returned to home, once the signal was resumed I gained control.
Not sure what was causing this
I’m pretty sure this is like others have said. DJI messed up on the drone side antennas and never bothered to fix it. The only disappointment that I have with my mini 3 pro is the range. Otherwise, it’s a solid drone.

There is a new controller with external antennae on the way.
DJI probably had this in mind so they can make us keep updating kit

Hello everyone,

I have a mini 3 Pro and RC Pro controller. I’ve noticed something strange about the signal. After going out a few thousand feet, the signal strength drops to 1 bar.

However, if I turn the drone to the left so that the left side is facing the remote, the signal goes back to full bars and I can continue on for quite some distance. Has anyone else experienced this? Im at star sting to think there may be an issue with the antanna on the Mini 3 pro.

Thanks,

SH
I'm really surprised about this, I was considering blowing £800+ on an RC PRO because it is a 2T2R controller (2 transmit/2 receive) as opposed to the RC-N1 and RC: which are 1T1R and should, theoretically give a strong, clear signal. This isn't the first time I've read something similar, so I think I'll stick with the stock (RC-N1).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661