Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro first thoughts

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
well my mini 3 with fly more kit has arrived
just a few observations on it so far
when you get it you will need to get a 30w charger with a micro c outlet on it, if you want to charge the batteries quickly.
in the fly more kit is a standard port to micro c cable,which will charge up the batteries with the brick from the mini2,but its only 18w, and it will take quite a while to fully charge them
the 30w charger using the micro c to micro c cable supplied is super quick
make sure you have at least 75% charge in the RC and drone before you attempt to do the registration and firmware set up it takes quite a while from start to finish
the firmware update when you first connect the RC and drone is 1024.17mb ,and it takes some time to do, so be patient,and let it run its course, the drone will switch off when it is all finished
i did take it out to the front of the house and flew it for a few minutes it is extremely quiet compared to the mini one and two, its really noticeable how really quiet it is
i tried the bypass mode and it does work really well when it sees an obstacle
at first glance it seems to be a real step up from the other minis
as i do more flying with it i will pass on my thoughts on its performance
as i dont do any post flight editing i will be concentrating on the flight envelope ,and let other more knowledgeable members give there opinions on the cameras performance
sorry its been a long post just wanted to give my first impressions

when you get it you will need to get a 30w charger with a micro c outlet on it, if you want to charge the batteries quickly.
in the fly more kit is a standard port to micro c cable,which will charge up the batteries with the brick from the mini2,but its only 18w, and it will take quite a while to fully charge them
make sure you have at least 75% charge in the RC and drone before you attempt to do the registration and firmware set up it takes quite a while from start to finish
the firmware update when you first connect the RC and drone is 1024.17mb ,and it takes some time to do, so be patient,and let it run its course, the drone will switch off when it is all finished
i did take it out to the front of the house and flew it for a few minutes it is extremely quiet compared to the mini one and two, its really noticeable how really quiet it is
as i dont do any post flight editing i will be concentrating on the flight envelope ,and let other more knowledgeable members give there opinions on the cameras performance
Hi,
Still eagerly waiting for mine which will be a update from the mini 1.
Do you have a link for the 30 w charger.
Thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
I literally had mine(s as I have two) waiting to be flown for about ten days. When the first arrived it was storming in an hour, and afterwards I kind of forgot about it. First flight today as well and it really is quiet, especially compared to the Parrot Anafi which already was the most quiet drone available still. The RC is excellent and the controls are very precise. I didn’t like all the beeping from the controller but all in all it is a great package.

Hi,
Still eagerly waiting for mine which will be a update from the mini 1.
Do you have a link for the 30 w charger.
Thanks
i purchased a Belkin Gan mains charger 30w USB C according to the box it came in it uses (gallium nitride ) components inside instead of silicon ,and it sure did the job with the Mini 3 batteries at a very reasonable £29.99 from my local Currys store

Reactions: scooot and ssvdh66
well where to start,although it was quite windy today i charged everything up, and went to a local park that i use on a regular basis.
i kid you not, this thing is awesome ,its my first drone with an RC with built in screen,and because of that its so easy to get up in the air
although the screen, is size wise on a par with some of the latest phones ,it is very easy to read and use even for me, during the whole time i was flying the 3 batteries it performed perfectly, while one of my flying buddies who was with me there ,and was using an i phone to fly his MM ,had the screen go dark because it was in direct sunlight and the phone got to hot trying to run the fly app.
i haven't explored the auto flight modes yet ,but can confirm that the sensors work really well ,its quite fascinating to fly down a narrow tree lined path and watch as the drone flying in front of you senses over hanging branches and just flies around them in bypass mode
i have never really been a fan of letting the drone do auto mode flight ,so have never felt the need for obstacle avoidance ,preferring to fly the drone myself ,but this bypass mode is something else ,in cine mode it gives you lots of confidence as you pick your way through trees and other obstacles ,especially if you fly under the tree canopy .
another thing that surprised me was the locked sat count at one stage i had 33 sats locked
which never went lower that 29 during all the flights ,in the same location my friends MM was showing 16 to 18 at best having the three gps sat constellations to lock onto really improves the chances of the drone not not going into atti mode in built up areas ,this has nothing to do with the signal between the RC and drone being lost ,also of note was the time it took for enough sats to be locked to give the home point message ,it was less than a minute ,on each start up after a battery change.
for a hobby flyer like myself this 3rd iteration of Mini drone from DJI, is in my opinion a real upgrade in this sector ,for under 250g MTOM class of drone

Edit: I should have read the comments above about the charger.

Congrats on your new Mini 3! And thank you for the information. I was actually coming on here to see if anybody posted something to substitute for the DJI 30 watt charger. Hope to hear more from you soon. Enjoy your flights!

My first thoughts are that DJI has sent me a defective Mini 3 Pro. It will not accept the micro SD card.
Seems as though the slot for the card is jammed and that is poor quality control.
Had they inserted a card to verify the slot was able to accept a card, they would not have shipped me a defective unit.
Very disappointed after waiting for delivery.

• Sad
Reactions: Torque
My first thoughts are that DJI has sent me a defective Mini 3 Pro. It will not accept the micro SD card.
Seems as though the slot for the card is jammed and that is poor quality control.
Had they inserted a card to verify the slot was able to accept a card, they would not have shipped me a defective unit.
Very disappointed after waiting for delivery.
this is not meant to imply that you are stupid ,but are you aware that the card goes in with the contacts facing upwards ,not like the Mini 2

Dear old man mavic. I thank you for providing this basic but important information.
I assumed that the card went in the same way that it does for the Mini 2.
My 30 minute chat with support as well as the photos that I sent them clearly showed that I was trying to put the card into the slot facing down when it should have gone in facing up (i.e. contacts facing up)
I would have thought that DJI support would point it out to me right away.
I am happy that I could post my issue on this forum and receive a prompt reply from you that solves my problem.
I didn't find anything in the quick start guide that was provided, so I hope that my experience will help others avoid the initial disappointment that I had by getting the word out to insert the micro sd card with the contacts facing upwards.

I didn't find anything in the quick start guide that was provided, so I hope that my experience will help others avoid the initial disappointment that I had by getting the word out to insert the micro sd card with the contacts facing upwards.

Not in the "main" manual either. Just imagine how many calls or chats they will get on this as well as how many will be returned as "defective." A few words and a single photo in the manual(s) would likely save them a lot of unnecessary work.

very similar mine only has the one 30w usb c outlet there are loads of different ones available
Thanks!
Dear old man mavic. I thank you for providing this basic but important information.
I assumed that the card went in the same way that it does for the Mini 2.
My 30 minute chat with support as well as the photos that I sent them clearly showed that I was trying to put the card into the slot facing down when it should have gone in facing up (i.e. contacts facing up)
I would have thought that DJI support would point it out to me right away.
I am happy that I could post my issue on this forum and receive a prompt reply from you that solves my problem.
Sorry you had the SD card problem. The fact that you posted it and Old Man Mavic solved your problem has saved me a whole lot of headache. Enjoy. the Mini3Pro. I intend to enjoy mine once it arrives. Go d willing I'll get to Wales someday and treat Old Man Mavic to a pint or a dram...his choice.

There is literally an icon on how to insert the card next to the slot, not to mention the card only goes in one way.
I hope you didn’t try and force it in, but great that other people were able to point you to it

Reactions: johnmont250
The good thing about this forum is that it gives users lots of info that they would not normally get from DJI.
There is literally an icon on how to insert the card next to the slot, not to mention the card only goes in one way.
I hope you didn’t try and force it in, but great that other people were able to point you to it
I have attached a photo of the card slot. How many users will be able to see an icon in this photo? It's not very obvious, but I invite others to see for themselves.

Attachments

• 20220531_230620.jpg
    20220531_230620.jpg
    974.9 KB · Views: 45
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147