DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro video seems to shudder when rotating the camera.

JimSteadman

Reactions
I have noticed recently that there is some shuddering in my videos when rotating. I thought it might be because I had rotated the drone too quickly, but a video posted this morning shot with a Mini3Pro had quite a bit of rotation, which I believe was a bit faster than mine which was smooth as silk. Here are some links to videos where I noticed the shuddering:

at about 1:15 (and other places)

at about :44 (and other places)

This may be as a result of not using appropriate settings on the drone or possibly the processing (I am using clipchamp, but on the second one adjusted the light/dark balance and color in Photoshop before moving into Clipchamp to process).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I used my drones almost exclusively for still photography, but have been bitten by the video bug and have a lot to learn.

The camera seems ok , as does the gimbal and there was wind but is doing fine handling it.
Those pans are very difficult if your not very slow and smooth with your flying as everything gets amplified.

Just to be sure , post your raw video of the side pans on dropbox and lets see if its possible that it was your codec as well and framerate could have been off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Fly smooth with your RC series Cinematic Control Pods.

Possibly frame rate mismatch between recording and editing, I had this a lot on my first few video's, took some time to work it out, but now buttery smooth...

I would also add, to make video smoother add more feathering to the transitions between turn and straight, go to advanced settings and you can alter the turn rate and then increase the feathering to make it more smooth - if you havent already done so :)

Possibly frame rate mismatch between recording and editing, I had this a lot on my first few video's, took some time to work it out, but now buttery smooth...

I would also add, to make video smoother add more feathering to the transitions between turn and straight, go to advanced settings and you can alter the turn rate and then increase the feathering to make it more smooth - if you havent already done so :)
I did that, but then installed another update, Perhaps that requires another look. I should have thought of it myself. Thanks!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I did that, but then installed another update, Perhaps that requires another look. I should have thought of it myself. Thanks!
YVW, hope it helps...