DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3

@wollins ,to answer the last part of your post ,yes the mini 3 is better than the older Mini 2, it has better flight characteristics longer flight time and combined with the New DJI RC it makes for a great package ,if you can afford to get it rather than the Mini 2 then you will benefit from the improvements at a lesser price than the pro version
but if you are in the hobby for the long haul ,and price is not a consideration then go for the,Mini 3 pro and new controller and the fly-more kit and you will not be disappointed

Reactions: BroomRider
@wollins ,to answer the last part of your post ,yes the mini 3 is better than the older Mini 2, it has better flight characteristics longer flight time and combined with the New DJI RC it makes for a great package ,if you can afford to get it rather than the Mini 2 then you will benefit from the improvements at a lesser price than the pro version
but if you are in the hobby for the long haul ,and price is not a consideration then go for the,Mini 3 pro and new controller and the fly-more kit and you will not be disappointed
Thank you for responding. I think if Im gonna be honest the transmission issues with the MM 3 PRO really kinda turned me off ... I know the MM 2 had no such issues and I'm thinking that if THIS one (the "REGULAR" MM 3) has no transmission issues that might push me over onto its side. 😊

Reactions: old man mavic
@wollins the transmission issues you speak off ,were happening on some of the early release models ,and now in the fulness of time the range of both controllers is almost identical ,the Mini 3 pro has Occusync 3 ,where as the MIni 3 base model, has occusync 2 similar to the air 2s

A fan????
The Mini 3 Pro is prone to overheating at times when sitting idle , updating, and if they would have included the Fan that would have made a nice Mini 3 Pro Model . People would have paid extra for the Fan to not have to deal with such issues. Maybe a Mini 3 Pro Plus model , lol coming soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

@Phantomrain.org i cant see it ever happening unfortunately ,simply because even if you forget about the weight penalty ,the thing is so full of components already ,there is not really room for a fan that would be powerful enough to have any effect

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Good afternoon from the UK,

I had just an email arrive from DJI advertising the Mini 3.

Looking at the DJI store, this seems to be something different from the Mini 3 Pro (a Mini 3 "Classic"???)

Can anyone quickly tell me what the differences are between the 3 and the 3 Pro?

Cheers!

CG
I'll be getting one of these eventually.

Until yesterday, I had the Mini-1, the Mini-2, and the Mini-SE. I wanted to get the Mini-3, but I just couldn't see spending that much money for higher end camera stuff that I would just never use.

However, I lost my Mini-1 yesterday over inaccessible terrain, due to an in-flight systems failure. I'm going to try to find a replacement for it before getting the Mini-3.

Or the Avata, which I've also been lusting after...

;-)

Well this just messes up my decision making process even more. I've been agonizing (read procrastinating) as to whether to get the Mini TWO or the Mini 3 Pro since it came out. Mainly because I was wondering if I could justjfy the massively increased cost between the two (some of us just enjoy the FLYING aspect of these ... as opposed to all the camera stuff) but the obstacle avoidance of the PRO had me leaning towards it. Now that this is out there's no Obstacle avoidance but the price is right! ;) Can't wait to hear about its flying capabilities ESPECIALLY to see if it has the same transmission issues like the PRO had. (and STILL has for some folks) The question is ... if we take out the camera and Obstacle avoidance out of the equation, is THIS 3 better than the MM TWO? Ahhhh, decisions, decisions!
There is a difference between the mini 3 pro and the mini 3, please check the specs, cheers Len

One thing I have noticed is that the new Mini 3 doesn't seem to be compatible with the RC Pro controller but I can't confirm this as I don't have a Mini 3. This makes sense though since the RC Pro is OC3+ and is marketed to the more pro drones like the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 line. When I updated the Fly App on my RC Pro controller with the latest firmware, the Mini 3 did not appear in the list of drones, however on the Fly App on my iPhone it does.

This would only be a concern for those people who already have an RC Pro supported drone like one of the Mavic 3 drones and want to pick up a Mini 3 and expect to use their RC Pro controller with it. The Mini 3 Pro which has been working with the RC Pro for awhile now may cause some confusion for some people as they may assume the Mini 3 will work as well.

Chris

Looking at the DJI store, this seems to be something different from the Mini 3 Pro (a Mini 3 "Classic"???)

Can anyone quickly tell me what the differences are between the 3 and the 3 Pro?

Cheers!

CG
The Mini 3 differs from the Pro in omitting obstacle avoidance, hyperlapse functionality, most of the preset JPG profiles (vivid," etc.) and caps 4K video at 30 fps vs 60.

I've been told hyperlapse on the Pro to be choppy in anything other than perfectly still air, so if you're fine with complete manual control and shooting DNG, this is a crazy good value over the Pro.

Reactions: whitelawm and CJG
Anyone can confirm if the mini 3 is compatible with the original smart controller?
Good question... anyone? I am wondering as my latest conversation with DJI CS seemed to indicate the Smart Controller was on its way out and so would compatibility with any new drones be a gone for the SC. The new DJI Mavic 3 is not compatible and they say it never will be. My guess is that is the same for this Mini 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJG

Cheers!

CG
The Shape is similar to the Min 3 Pro, but in many ways similar specs as the Mini 2, except for the gimbal, this is almost same specs as Mini 3 Pro gimbal, no sensors up, down, back or front, but it will also work with the RC. Check the DJI site for further info and specs….

Reactions: CJG
The Shape is similar to the Min 3 Pro, but in many ways similar specs as the Mini 2, except for the gimbal, this is almost same specs as Mini 3 Pro gimbal, no sensors up, down, back or front, but it will also work with the RC. Check the DJI site for further info and specs….
Thanks for this @AusTrekie

The Mini 3 differs from the Pro in omitting obstacle avoidance, hyperlapse functionality, most of the preset JPG profiles (vivid," etc.) and caps 4K video at 30 fps vs 60.

I've been told hyperlapse on the Pro to be choppy in anything other than perfectly still air, so if you're fine with complete manual control and shooting DNG, this is a crazy good value over the Pro.
Thanks for this @TheRock

Cheers!

CG
The Mini 3 pro has a better camera sensor, Obstacle avoidance and active track. I also think there will be more features to come (eg waypoints have been introduces in the Mavic 3 and could be added to the Mini 3 Pro). If you can afford the difference I think it would be worth it for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki