DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini lost in NZ - find it and it's yours

Theobromin

Reactions
Hi everyone. Crashed my Mavic mini on vacation in NZ, near Ohakune (old coach road location see pic). Flying backwards into a tree, then went down. Not a chance of retrieval, the bushes were too thick. If you find it, it's yours, just send me the files ? thx.
Planning to buy a new one soon, so happy with that little thing ?

Screenshot_20200318-161825.png

• Wow
Reactions: MIGUELVM360
If you really want a chance to find this, post up that last flight log, as the png shows nothing of the location.
The flight log from the Phantom Help link below, should see our resident flight experts be able to confirm an approx search location fairly accurately.
I hope someone can retrieve it for you, and at least get your micro SD back to you.

All the best with the new Mini when you get it.

I would have got and returned it to you if it was near Old coach road (Moutere) But its in the north island! Hopefully someone finds it and returns it to you. best of luck!

I have a friend that lives in Ohakune and might help. Let me know if you want his email address--click on my moniker to start a conversation.

I lost a mini in a tree flying backward also. Went out and bought a new one. Then someone found it a month later and returned it to me, I had written my phone number on top in big numbers knowing what kind of pilot I am. The motors and gimbal were all stuck because it sat in the snow for a month but with a little silicone lube and effort it's worked great ever since...

Reactions: finlayson
I was in the area today, and made a (half-hearted) attempt to find your drone - but unfortunately, had no luck. Google Earth shows the "last recorded location" (-39.376420,175.406291) as being in a dirt field, less than 300m South of a road - but unfortunately the roads in this area all appear to be private farm roads, so I wasn't able to get close. (Nonetheless, this would appear to be the best way to access the area.)

I then tried riding my mountain bike along the Old Coach Road - from Horopito - but didn't get any closer than 1.2 km from your "last recorded location".

Reactions: pelagic_one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman