DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing data in log after connection loss

giluriel

Reactions
Hi guys,
On my 2nd flight today I lost connection to the mavic after 3:30 minutes. In a strange way - the connection was not repaired even when I gut a little closer and higher.
Further more, I was sure that within a minute or two - while the mavic performs RTH - I will be reconnected.
To be honest - after 6 - 8 minutes I was sure it is gone lost.
About 15 or 20 minutes later the quad appeared in the sky and landed safely.

I tried to analyze the logs but in the DJI go and in the TXT file from the quad I can only see the info until the communication gut disconnected.

What I'm looking for is the rest of the flight (there must have been events to log since at least the decision to perform autonomous RTH due to low battery was suppose to be there.

Does anyone have an idea where or how do I find that log?
Thank you

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
I tried to analyze the logs but in the DJI go and in the TXT file from the quad I can only see the info until the communication gut disconnected.

Does anyone have an idea where or how do I find that log?
Did you try flying the Mavic after you lost connection or just leave it?
The most likely cause would be that it had only lost the downlink but still had control signal and sat there waiting for you.
Why it didn't reconnect is a mystery.

It's quite normal that the app won't have any data to show after connection is lost.
How about sharing that flight data?

There is also flight data stored on in internal memory in the drone itself.
That will show what was happening for the whole flight.

Did you try flying the Mavic after you lost connection or just leave it?
The most likely cause would be that it had only lost the downlink but still had control signal and sat there waiting for you.

It's quite normal that the app won't have any data to show after connection is lost.

That will show what was happening for the whole flight.

Don't forget - we can't read Mavic 2 DAT files.

Reactions: Meta4
[QUOTE="Meta4,

That will show what was happening for the whole flight.[/QUOTE]

I would have to eliminate the option of downlink lost only - as at some point I just turn the remote off.
Still the mavic stayed in place afterwords.
The only thing that brought it back was the low battery trigger.

I'll try to pull the files from the drone itself. that's an interesting option.
Do you know where it is stored? (I don't have a USB C on me right now)

As for flying - No. I didn't give it another try. thought of analyzing what happened before replicating this problem...

I can upload the files but they are .. mavic 2 zoom. will you be able to open them?
(Did Sar104 ment that you cannot open the dat format or all of mavic 2 files?)

Thanks
Gil

I can upload the files but they are .. mavic 2 zoom. will you be able to open them?
(Did Sar104 ment that you cannot open the dat format or all of mavic 2 files?)

Thanks
Gil

Just the aircraft DAT files, which are the only relevant log files on the aircraft - they are not currently decryptable. The mobile device txt and DAT logs are readable, but not much use if the app was disconnected.

Guys,
This is weird...
I'm connecting a usb cable from my Mavic to my PC. DJI assistant recognizes it, I'm switching to Log export and it just gets to no where...
It does not show any logs.
Any idea? Capture.JPG

Guys,
This is weird...
I'm connecting a usb cable from my Mavic to my PC. DJI assistant recognizes it, I'm switching to Log export and it just gets to no where...
Any idea?
SInce the files on the drone are not able to be read, there's no point trying to extract them.

Meta4,
you gut me confused :(
you wrote:
"There is also flight data stored on in internal memory in the drone itself.
That will show what was happening for the whole flight."

and, These files are actually what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out "in the drone's mind" when I gut disconnected.

How can I analyze these files?

TNX

Same for my m2z. The log goes to 41 metres then to 10m as the next entry with a jump of about 40 secs. So can I read what actually happened? Did RTH.

Meta4,
you gut me confused :(
you wrote:
"There is also flight data stored on in internal memory in the drone itself.
That will show what was happening for the whole flight."

and, These files are actually what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out "in the drone's mind" when I gut disconnected.

How can I analyze these files?

TNX

As stated several times already - you cannot read or analyze the DAT log files from the Mavic 2. They are encrypted. There is no way, currently, to decrypt them.

Sar104,
So, beside the partial log from my iPad, I cannot get any other log from the drone itself?

Sar104,
So, beside the partial log from my iPad, I cannot get any other log from the drone itself?

You can get the DAT log from the aircraft, but you can't read it. The Mavic Air and Mavic 2 DAT file decryption keys are not accessible, and unfortunately there are no other useful logs on the aircraft.

So bottom line, DJI can read "log" or whatever files are saved to the aircraft but, at the moment, at least, no one else can use them for anything?

So bottom line, DJI can read "log" or whatever files are saved to the aircraft but, at the moment, at least, no one else can use them for anything?

On the Mavic Air and Mavic 2 - correct. On the Mavic Pro, Phantoms, Inspires etc., the files are readable.

Guys,
This is weird...
Any idea? View attachment 54195
I have exactly same issue with my Mavic Pro. I also lost connection (craft returned) but I'missing data of the return trip. App doesn't have it and I can't get to logs on tbe craft itself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23