DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motion blur in hyperlapse footage?

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’ve set the shutter as slow as I can and use completely manual settings. Trying to get footage of cars at dusk with headlights streaking together making a “line”. Used hyperlapse and regular 4K video but can’t seem to make the headlights of cars streak far enough to make then appear as long continuous streaks. Cars are moving 50-55mph. Flying an M2P. I’d rather not do it in postproduction. Thanks for any suggestions

I’ve set the shutter as slow as I can and use completely manual settings. Trying to get footage of cars at dusk with headlights streaking together making a “line”. Used hyperlapse and regular 4K video but can’t seem to make the headlights of cars streak far enough to make then appear as long continuous streaks. Cars are moving 50-55mph. Flying an M2P. I’d rather not do it in postproduction. Thanks for any suggestions

There is something about 4K video that I could only get very dark output when trying for a dusk hyperlapse.
Couldn't even get decent lightning strikes in 4K.
Try 1080p60

Have u tried the time lapse app TLDF, it allows u to smudge (blend) as many frames as you like which basically softens the look. But I would have thought u should just capture with a lower shutter speed. In manual mode, set 0.5 secs with f8, ISO 100 then whatever filter makes that work for the time of day.

Reactions: Thomas B
I think the Go 4 hyperlapse restricts shutter speed to no slower than 1/30. You may have use just straight Waypoints, set a slow speed between Waypoints the take a photo every 2 secs, shutter .5sec and other settings above. The intelligent flight mode hyperlapse seems to have lots of weird restrictions

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh