DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP1 Disconnected in flight

john edward

Reactions
Problem? Lost Video connection in flight. Status in upper LH corner shows "Disconnected". Can still control bird but not live video.

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: Disconnect and reconnect cable connecting RC to iPhone, Tried alternate cable, Updated firmware, reformatted SD card . . .

What device are you using? iPhone 8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? This is the 1st time I flew away from my home. I was on a work trip 300 miles south (in rural South Dakota). Did not have good cell reception. Mostly 3G with one or 2 bars. Occasionally LTE.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? No I don't sorry

I have only had my Mavic Pro for a month and am relatively new to this forum. I hope I am following the correct protocol etc. I guess my question is this: Could a weak cell signal cause this? My cell was is Roaming mode. I looked on line for info on this and there were numerous Utube videos with similar issue but all seemed to also lose control of the bird. I am back home now and just tried the bird again and it is working perfectly here. I would appreciate any feed back on this.

You don’t need any cell service to fly your drone . The cell service only gives you a live map . 75% of my flying has zero cell service . If you had trees between your drone and the RC it cuts down on the range that the live video will work . The flat surface of your two antennas should face your drone for the best signal.

I was in an open field. the 1st few times I flew it it worked fine. Then it would cut out after a minute or so even with the bird only a few meters away.

I was in an open field. the 1st few times I flew it it worked fine. Then it would cut out after a minute or so even with the bird only a few meters away.

If it was only the video feed I would try a new cable between the RC and your phone

I have two mavic Pro drones and both of them I will run out of battery before signal if I’m in the open . I use a cable made by anker as I had inconsistent video . I also clean the end of the cable that goes into my iPad and phone so it is always clean .

Reactions: WAXMAN
Thanks Canuk. The cable is a possibility as is was a bit dusty in the field and a couple of times when I disconnected and reconnected the cable the video would come back for a few minutes. I will try again. Where do you get the anker cables?

I have had very good luck with the anker brand . You still need to keep the end clean on the cable , and if using a phone as a display make sure pocket lint is not in the connection pocket for the lightning cable .

Reactions: WAXMAN

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857