DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 Propellers - 3rd Party

Are they genuine Dji props? Dji props are only a couple of quid more, not that expensive.

I personally would only use genuine parts especially props. I heard so many horror story’s about 3rd party parts (props) but things may off changed now.;)

Edit, just looked, they do seem like the real thing..

Reactions: dronerogers
They’re not original. The listing says they’re not original which was helpful as most of them don’t and try to pass them off as original.

It would be nice if they were good as that’s the price for a complete set, where as I can only find a price for pairs which are a few quid extra, but then you have to double that for a set.

Not keen on risking it lol.

"Hi. I just spent $1500 on a flying camera and I was trying to figure out how to save $3.00 on a critical flight component, that, (if it doesn't perform perfectly) will probably result in a complete loss of my investment."

???????????????

Your logic eludes me.

Skip one cup of Starbucks and buy OEM props. It's a no-brainer.

It’s not a case of trying to skimp. If there’s a cheaper alternative why wouldn’t you investigate the alternative. I’m happy to pay what ever to run the hobby but with a market of cheaper parts why not investigate those possibilities. Cheaper doesn’t always mean inferior. Plenty of examples of over priced items in all sorts of industries. Hence the question.

Your drone, your money.... do what you like.
The only way you'll know if one of the cheaper props is inferior is if your $1500 Mavic falls out of the sky.
Not worth the price of investigation, to me.
Good luck. But please don't fly over my house until after you've concluded your investigation. :)

..why wouldn’t you investigate the alternative.

If the question was whether or not to spend $500 less, that would be a reasonable question but In this case, I don’t think it’s very wise as others have said. Like the battery, the props are a single point of failure and risking the aircraft for a few bucks just doesn’t make sense. IMHO of course.

KB

I’ve tried a similar set of Low- Noise propellers with a Mavic Pro, even though they work they had some vibration. Vibration is more noticeable with a Mavic 1 Pro over a Mavic 2 Pro in flight, I found the rivet fastening area on the props was tighter on the DJI Low-Noise props over the third party Low-Noise props, you can auctally feel some play from the rivet area on the third party Low-Noise propellers.

Don’t risk it, stay with DJI products.
Paul

Reactions: MadMonkey
I’ve tried a similar set of Low- Noise propellers with a Mavic Pro, even though they work they had some vibration. Vibration is more noticeable with a Mavic 1 Pro over a Mavic 2 Pro in flight, I found the rivet fastening area on the props was tighter on the DJI Low-Noise props over the third party Low-Noise props, you can auctally feel some play from the rivet area on the third party Low-Noise propellers.

Don’t risk it, stay with DJI products.
Paul

That’s a great answer thanks. I’ll keep to DJI.

There is truly nothing too wrong with cheap propellers. All these propellers are made in China, including the original one.

We know the drone cost us $1,500 each. To be honest, I refer to this drone as worth more than $2,000. I am sure there are very few people who have spent less than $1,5000 for this drone. This drone is actually $2,000 and up, after you add all the accessories and extra batteries you buy.

When nit comes to propellers, I think they are truly a vital part and originals would be the better choice, but DJI is really making it hard with how expensive things are.

DJI is selling 4 props for $30 plus shipping. So, a total cost of $35 to $40 delivered.

The Amazon link is selling the genuine DJI props. 4 props for $26 delivered. That is cheaper but not too cheap.

Yesterday, I saw and bought 4 genuine DJI props from ebay at the cost of $20 delivered.

The seller has 16 sets (a set has 4 props). After I bought mine, it says he has 4 sets left. Since we cannot put a ebay link here that will take someone directly to the ad, here is the item number for you to put on ebay and search for it. EBAY ITEM # 283126928169.

3rd party props on the other hand are truly dirt cheap. I have a total of 8 3rd party props. My first set of 4 cost my $5 delivered on ebay from China! I have used it and it was just fine, but it truly feels a bit lose than DJI original ones. My second set of 4 props cost me $9 delivered. All from ebay. Then I went crazy and bought a set of carbon fiber for $14 delivered from China. I should be getting it in a week or 2. EBAY ITEM # 253849519280 for 3rd party $4.39 delivered for 4 props.

Based on the price difference between 3rd party and DJI originals, I can see why some people will go with 3rd party. Nobody has done a test to show if aftermarkets will suddenly stop and make your drone fall. But on a very serious note, when I had my Mavic Pro, I sued a lot of 3rd party props and I can honestly tell you guys that after a few uses the props would truly be loser. So, I was not happy. But before I even thought a lot about this, I had already purchased these aftermarket props.

I think I may just order about full set of 4 from the seller on ebay for $20 delivered.

My experience is that 3rd party props get a bit more lose after many flights. Just my personal experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadMonkey
There is truly nothing too wrong with cheap propellers. All these propellers are made in China, including the original one.

We know the drone cost us $1,500 each. To be honest, I refer to this drone as worth more than $2,000. I am sure there are very few people who have spent less than $1,5000 for this drone. This drone is actually $2,000 and up, after you add all the accessories and extra batteries you buy.

When nit comes to propellers, I think they are truly a vital part and originals would be the better choice, but DJI is really making it hard with how expensive things are.

DJI is selling 4 props for $30 plus shipping. SO, a total cost of $35 to $0 delivered.

The Amazon link is selling the genuine DJI props. 4 props for $28 delivered. That is cheaper but not too cheap.

Yesterday, I saw and bought 4 genuine DJI props from ebay at the cost of $20 delivered.

The seller has 16 sets (a set has 4 props). After I bought mine, it says he has 4 sets left. Since we cannot put a ebay link here that will take someone directly to the ad, here is the item number for you to put on ebay and search for it. EBAY ITEM # 283126928169.

3rd party props on the other hand are truly dirt cheap. I have a total of 8 3rd party props. My first set of 4 cost my $5 delivered on ebay from China! I have used it and it was just fine, but it truly feels a bit lose than DJI original ones. My second set of 4 props cost me $9 delivered. All from ebay. Then I went crazy and bought a set of carbon fiber for $14 delivered from China. I should be getting it in a week or 2.

Based on the price difference between 3rd party and DJI originals, I can see why some people will go with 3rd party. Nobody has done a test to show if aftermarkets will suddenly stop and make your drone fall. But on a very serious note, when I had my Mavic Pro, I sued a lot of 3rd party props and I can honestly tell you guys that after a few uses the props would truly be loser. So, I was not happy. But before I even thought a lot about this, I had already purchased these aftermarket props.

I think I may just order about full set of 4 from the seller on ebay for $20 delivered.

My experience is that 3rd party props get a bit more lose after many flights. Just my personal experience.

That was an insightful read thanks. Ebay sellers make it hard to find genuine props sometimes with the way they describe them. $20 delivered is good. I haven’t found anything yet in the UK that cheap. Sounds like staying away from the cheap props is the way to go long term, but would get you out trouble short term if you needed to fly the drone and it’s all you had.

Going by this statement, should I remove the link I have above to Amazon?
If that is policy, I am sorry and will remove it.

Next,
DJI reminds me of Canon.
I bought a lens, and this is one of them that does not come with a lens hood. First off, for what you pay for the lens, the plastic hood should be included (end rant).
Canon's retail for this little peice of molded plastic is $45.00. You can buy it on B&H for $30.00. I got one on Ebay for $5.00 and free shipping. It fits and works perfect.
If it had anything to do with optical quality, I would pay whatever it takes...

Next,
DJI reminds me of Canon.
I bought a lens, and this is one of them that does not come with a lens hood. First off, for what you pay for the lens, the plastic hood should be included (end rant).
Canon's retail for this little peice of molded plastic is $45.00. You can buy it on B&H for $30.00. I got one on Ebay for $5.00 and free shipping. It fits and works perfect.

Problem is with the camera scenario is you can buy Sigma glass and other alternatives cheaper and still get excellent results. Cheaper doesn’t always mean inferior these days, so was hoping people had tried them and could offer feedback which they have. This is far more useful than replies that suggest because you paid x for the drone you should only use y props.

General census so far is original is the way to go in this scenario.

Next,
DJI reminds me of Canon.
Canon's retail for this little piece of molded plastic is $45.00. You can buy it on B&H for $30.00. I got one on Ebay for $5.00 and free shipping. It fits and works perfect.

From what I know, you can post links to Amazon. So, you are fine posting that link. Besides, your link is very helpful as a one click for someone interested to see and or buy what you are suggesting that is cheaper and would serve them.

I agree with you also that cheaper does not always mean poor quality. It is same too for leds in cars. I have leds in my cars. The ones in my car have been in it for like 4 years and still working great and bright. Same for my suv. The inside is just ridiculously bright at night. But it serves me a lot when I am looking for something and turn on a light. It is as bright as the light at home.

This thing about cost is same with ND filters. Polar pro is the most expensive I know of and I have their filters. The other companies sell theirs cheaper. But all the nd filters all work great. I have seen that there has been no complains about the lens from any company. The problem has always been if the gimbal will fit or not which does not affect how the glass performs. So all nd filter companies here all have a lens that works great for what we need them for. Complaints are about cosmetics.

Problem is with the camera scenario is you can buy Sigma glass and other alternatives cheaper and still get excellent results. Cheaper doesn’t always mean inferior these days, so was hoping people had tried them and could offer feedback which they have. This is far more useful than replies that suggest because you paid x for the drone you should only use y props.

General census so far is original is the way to go in this scenario.

Yes, I think with this drone it would be nice to always fly with the original props if you can.

But the 3rd party ones still work just fine. I just have the experience that the ones I have use got flimsy and loose after many flights. Since we know the originals cost $35 to $40 if one buys from DJI, people should just keep an eye out for any sellers who may pop up with the originals and sell them cheaper.

Like the current seller on ebay selling it for $20 for all 4 shipped. I bought a set yesterday and I am tempted to buy another set.

Right now I have I think 4 sets (a set has 4 props) of extra blades. My original dji blades have some cuts in them now. Lol, don't ask me how that happened. Ask the trees I tried to fly through to test my skills to maneuver my drone through tight spaces. After my blades decided to cut through bunch of leaves and got some slight cuts, I decided to replace them with the aftermarket. But I know over time, they will get loose. I used the 3rd party many times, but when i took my 1 week long trip last week to Seattle, I flew only with the dji blades even with the little cuts in them. Next week, when I get my new original dji blades, I will put them on and when I receive my carbon fiber blades from China, I will install them too and do some flights. I will do many flights with the carbon blades and see how they perform. I may just order another extra set of original dji blades for $20 shipped.

I just saw these and decided to post here.

I wonder if these will hurt flight time a lot. That is a lot of blades. If this was $10 for a full set, I would order it immediately just because it was that cheap and I just wanted to play with it and see. What do you think about it?

eOyXaKS.jpg

SSdIRWO.jpg

If this was $10 for a full set, I would order it immediately just because it was that cheap and I just wanted to play with it and see.
Unless something is being twisted, it states 4 PCs for 10.99. That tells me 4 sets for 11 bucks.

Unless something is being twisted, it states 4 PCs for 10.99. That tells me 4 sets for 11 bucks.

Lol, nothing is being twisted. But some of these ads are tricky.

Get on the ad on ebay and try to buy 4 props. That is when you will see the real price which is about $20.

So it is not $10.99 for 4. The $10.99 price is only for 2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark