DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mute Return to home sound - DJI RC

BirdDrops

Reactions
Right , so I wanted to get rid of this annoying RTH sound that my DJI RC controller makes when the function is activated . BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPPPP !!! (even with "mute" on)
Since I have seen more people trying to get rid of the beeping (even opening their controller up and putting glue or whatever in it) , I will try to explain the steps that I took to silence it .

Steps that I did :

swipe 2 times down from the top
eject and insert the microsd card , you will see a bar in the left of the screen in notifications popping up for a short time every time you insert or remove the microsd
it pops up and goes away again very quickly
repeat this a few times and try to quickly press on the "silent notifications" message once it pops up

you will get this screen :
1.png

press see all from last 7 days . then go to the top 3 dots and click on "show system"

2.png

Then I put all System UI messages on silent , except for the battery warning

3.png

4.png

Not sure which one of those was the RTH exactly but , it worked .

Now when RTH is activated , it only displays on the screen in a small red notification bar that it is returning to home with a message button to cancel the action . NO more RTH BEEP sound .

Last edited:
Right , so I wanted to get rid of this annoying RTH sound that my DJI RC controller makes when the function is activated . BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPPPP !!! (even with "mute" on)
Since I have seen more people trying to get rid of the beeping (even opening their controller up and putting glue or whatever in it) , I will try to explain the steps that I took to silence it .

Steps that I did :

swipe 2 times down from the top
eject and insert the microsd card , you will see a bar in the left of the screen in notifications popping up for a short time every time you insert or remove the microsd
it pops up and goes away again very quickly
repeat this a few times and try to quickly press on the "silent notifications" message once it pops up

you will get this screen :
View attachment 169905

press see all from last 7 days . then go to the top 3 dots and click on "show system"

View attachment 169906

Then I put all System UI messages on silent , except for the battery warning

View attachment 169907

View attachment 169908

Not sure which one of those was the RTH exactly but , it worked .

Now when RTH is activated , it only displays on the screen in a small red notification bar that it is returning to home with a message button to cancel the action . NO more RTH BEEP sound .
I’m going to try this muting method later today. I will let you know if it works for me, thanks

Swiping down twice, not sure what this means? On my smartphone once connected to the drone. Like preflight setup? I don’t get anything on an iPhone when I do that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas