DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My 3rd Mavic and I'm afraid to fly it. What should I do?

Hey, thanks for that.

I haven't seen that NFZ map before - scary. As it happens, I'm flying in Middle Harbour over near the Roseville Marina and up into the Killara area, which appears to be outside of the NFZ as displayed on that map. Still, I'm sure someone will come along and screw it up for me.

In the meantime...
Lovely places.. but sadly some are restricted.
Enjoy your flying. [emoji688]

hahahahahahaha!
Really?
99.538%? I'm pleased to see you have a sense of humour. You see... I have one too... pity that my tongue in cheek question was lost. I'm still smiling at that high level of accuracy.
Happy flying. [emoji4]

Reactions: willhay555
Good advice. That is my full intention. I'm always a bit nervous before I send it up, but I guess that's all part of the fun.

Another thing that bothered me was a poster suggesting these power failures are a direct result of the latest firmware upgrades and still another poster suggesting these faults appear to mainly concern Mavics manufactured in early March - mine has a date of March 6. Dark mutterings.

Anyway, I'll be sending her up and across Sydney harbour again tomorrow...wish me luck.

I heard the fine is around $850 for flying across Sydney harbour. Not sure if just in special area for sea planes etc.

So sorry to hear about this. I also had a Mavic go down in the ocean. I also had the refresh coverage and like you no help from DJI at all. A 15% discount on a Mavic only sale. The other problem with the refresh program is It cost $100 and then $79 to replace IF DJI feels like it. I went to State Farm Insurance and got my new one covered for $65 Lost, Broke or Stolen 100% reimbursement No Deductible and NO Questions Asked. I highly recommend it. It's called personal property coverage. I would definitely check it out. Good luck in the future.

Might want to purchase floaters for your drone when going over water just in case

So sorry to hear about this. I also had a Mavic go down in the ocean. I also had the refresh coverage and like you no help from DJI at all. A 15% discount on a Mavic only sale. The other problem with the refresh program is It cost $100 and then $79 to replace IF DJI feels like it. I went to State Farm Insurance and got my new one covered for $65 Lost, Broke or Stolen 100% reimbursement No Deductible and NO Questions Asked. I highly recommend it. It's called personal property coverage. I would definitely check it out. Good luck in the future.
How long is the coverage for $65
Sorry for the bad experience. I'm not sure from your post how many hours of previous experience you had on other drones. If it were me, I would fly over land for a few weeks before going over the water again.

There has been a couple of reports very similar to this and a possibility that earlier Mavics had a problem where batteries were not locking home properly and during flight working loose therby poping up disconting power causing Mavic to disconnect from RC and fall. Just a possibility.
Double check battery locked before flying.
Thrash number 3 around close and hard for a few batteries to gain confidence and trust in it.

Hey from your profile picture looks you pimped your mavic to help the landing , can you share your awesome solution ?
Thank youuuu

How long is the coverage for $65
1 Year But think if you consider the life of a drone to be about 3 years before you replace it due to new products constantly emerging products Thats a total of 15% of the replacement cost. Sounded like a good deal to me.

Their customer service is so messed up. I sent my Mavic in last week and know from the tracking it was received on Friday of last week. But the DJI status page says it has not been received yet. This is how they waste one week they could be doing their job, by lying...

Reactions: Shield2160
Their customer service is so messed up. I sent my Mavic in last week and know from the tracking it was received on Friday of last week. But the DJI status page says it has not been received yet. This is how they waste one week they could be doing their job, by lying...
So True. DJI has the worst customer service of any company I ever dealt with

And note that every month they hold on to a drone they waste $100 of the owners money -- assuming you keep the Mavic for a year until it gets replaced by something better, that is the monthly cost of ownership.

Only reason they can get away with it is lack of competition...

What communication channel did you use with DJI? They seem more useful on the forum as I've seen a few cases where people have had warranty cases refused for flyaways/water landings when they've contacted DJI but when they've used the forum, they've managed to get it handled as a warranty case. Certainly worth a try if you haven't already.

John

DJI has a lot more crashes than United. :) ..

And no peanuts OR pretzels.

Reactions: TTFullTimer
Yes, me too - completely satisfied with a perfectly performing Mavic. It outperforms my previous 2+ Phantom in every way - and that was good (until it wasn't!). As others have said, most of the time people post here to learn or report an issue; the majority of satisfied flyers don't, so the reliability of the MP is misrepresented.
I've been flying for several years and still feel apprehensive throughout every flight; it's what keeps me sharp. The day I don't have sweaty palms will be the day I crash!

Reactions: iMario and geigy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904