DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first drone photo

Taken from above the South Downs near Lewes, United Kingdom. Used an ND filter. Looking forward to doing some coastal landscape photography this summer.

Mavic Pro #1
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum . .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: PilotPercy
Nice photo. The tree lines on the left would be fun to explore. Welcome to the forum.

Nice shot! Just curious why you chose to use an ND filter? My understanding is that ND filters are used only for video?

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Nice shot! Just curious why you chose to use an ND filter? My understanding is that ND filters are used only for video?

You are correct. The ND filters are mostly for video. However, if it is really bright and you need to try and keep your aperture in the lower 2.8 to 4 range then maybe you would need an ND filter. That would be the only reason though. Where you may need a filter for stills would be when you need a Polarizing filter.

You are correct. The ND filters are mostly for video. However, if it is really bright and you need to try and keep your aperture in the lower 2.8 to 4 range then maybe you would need an ND filter. That would be the only reason though. Where you may need a filter for stills would be when you need a Polarizing filter.

Really bright sunshine

Really bright sunshine

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark