DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Drone!! Scottish Borders

Nisbet

Reactions
Hi Folks

Just got my first ever drone yesterday - The great Magic Pro. Having some fun in the garden learning the basics. So far I'm blown away by its handling and the video and picture quality. Let's hope the crappy Scottish weather doesn't return and spoil my fun!

Hi Folks

Just got my first ever drone yesterday - The great Magic Pro. Having some fun in the garden learning the basics. So far I'm blown away by its handling and the video and picture quality. Let's hope the crappy Scottish weather doesn't return and spoil my fun!
Howdy from Wyoming Nisbet, you are not the only one with weather issues, winter is the best nine months of the year here. Welcome to the community a lot of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Nisbet
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome aboard. Best of luck with your new Mavic. Go slow and don't fly low. Remember that altitude is usually your best friend when you've taken to the skies.

When you're ready, think about posting some clips and video here in the Forum of your countryside and countrymen. I haven't seen the Scottish weather or countryside - or men in kilts blowing bagpipes - since I last watched Monty Python! Safe flying, and happy filming and photographing.

Welcome the forum Nisbet, Scotland is is beautiful, when it's not raining! Have fun and maybe the rain will go away soon.

Hi Folks

Welcome to the best Mavic Pro forum, lots to be learnt and experiences to be gained, I think the footage you will obtain in Scotland will be mind blowing, I have just returned back from New York, and unfortunately I could not fly either due to rain and high winds, but be patient and it will become enjoyable,
Good luck.

Howdy from Wyoming Nisbet, you are not the only one with weather issues, winter is the best nine months of the year here. Welcome to the community a lot of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi Bunny

Wow, nine months of winter! Maybe even worse than Scottish weather. Lol. Bet the scenery you have even in winter is magnificent? I've already been having some great flying days, just hoping the Scottish summer is kind.

Welcome aboard. Best of luck with your new Mavic. Go slow and don't fly low. Remember that altitude is usually your best friend when you've taken to the skies.

When you're ready, think about posting some clips and video here in the Forum of your countryside and countrymen. I haven't seen the Scottish weather or countryside - or men in kilts blowing bagpipes - since I last watched Monty Python! Safe flying, and happy filming and photographing.

Hi CC

Ive been watching plenty of YouTube even before my magic arrived to get as much information as i could of flying it. Luckily i live in the countryside and have permission from surrounding Farms to fly over their ground. The countryside here if amazing, though slightly cluttered with wind turbines in my immediate area. Hopefully I'll be happy enough soon with my work to post here for you folks. Can't guarantee any kilts though. Lol

Hi
Welcome the forum Nisbet, Scotland is is beautiful, when it's not raining! Have fun and maybe the rain will go away soon.

Hi Hychewright

Ive actually been quite lucky with the weather. Only a couple of missed days so far. If its not the dredded rain its too windy!

Welcome. I'm a new Mavic owner as well. I'm sure you will shot some amazing video.

Hi Ulysses06

How you getting on with yours? Is it your first drone?
Welcome to the best Mavic Pro forum, lots to be learnt and experiences to be gained, I think the footage you will obtain in Scotland will be mind blowing, I have just returned back from New York, and unfortunately I could not fly either due to rain and high winds, but be patient and it will become enjoyable,
Good luck.

Good luck.

Hi Macmad

Glad i found this forum. Seems loaded with info.

You must be gutted that the New York wether was against you? I hope you get back when the weathers good. What a city to fly and film in.

I'm looking forward to getting out and about and making the most of the beautiful scenery we have in Scotland. Hopefully ill get some images/footage posted soon.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

Hi LuvMyTJ

Thanks for that. The safety aspect is very important to me. I'm hoping to get a month or two's worth of practice in and go sit my commercial CAA approved PfCO license here in the UK. I think this forum will be a great knowledge base for me achieving that goal.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hello Nisbet,

We are loving our Mavic. It is our first drone. I used to race RC buggies back in the day. My girls have been having a blast.
We did have a little scare on Saturday. While flying using an Andrioid device we lost connection mid-flight. Drone was about 1k ft away and had to travel over water to return home. I used home button and restated Android device. All went smooth, Mavic started home and app restarted. Once App restarted I canceled home and kept flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne