DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 My free mini 2 test flight!

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions

I don't know if he wants me to say his name.... But he is a godsend who is here on these forms....

Thanks to him I have a drone again

And not only that he even got me a phone!!!!
I have been blessed when I thought such would never happen!

Here in this video I flew my mini 2 around my house and I meet some neighborhood kids more or less my age

What's not seen in the video for some reason was me landing in their hands and taking off again then leading them to me and me becoming friends with them

Im going to tell you the good first!

This is a WOW video on so many levels :oops: :oops: :eek::rolleyes: of how good the Mini 2 is. its spell bounding as i am sitting here and in Awe of the entire video . Its a video that could go Viral and that means lots of Attention , FAA attention as well.

Your Breaking a Lot of Rules with this video, many of them Common Sense !!

Flying over people < Cars and Buses and getting to close to them because if you lost signal there is no telling where that drone would go , possibly right into the kids faces or the back of there head.

Never ever fly towards on coming Cars , busses , trains, People NO NO NO Please dont do that.

I can stress this enough, NONE OF US ever break the rule of flying over people < near people ever .
We know if there is an a incident were to happen, it will make news, and new rules will be enforced on DJI and your drone wont be able to take off again in that area.

You say this is a Gift from one of the Members , so dont risk getting it swiped by a car or having one of those kids throw Rocks at it, as you most likely will not get another one from him or anyone else.

Example lets say you saved your money and bought me a car , and I decided that i would drive it when I was drunk an almost side swiped everyone on the road. You would not be to happy right ?

You can make this same type of video but use common sense , and Landing in strangers hand is so Dangerous.
Flying over People Dangerous, Flying over moving Cars Dangerous.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Save People that are breaking some serious Rules.

Last edited:

This is a WOW video on so many levels :oops: :oops: :eek::rolleyes: of how good the Mini 2 is. its spell bounding as i am sitting here and in Awe of the entire video . Its a video that could go Viral and that means lots of Attention , FAA attention as well.

Flying over people < Cars and Buses and getting to close to them because if you lost signal there is no telling where that drone would go , possibly right into the kids faces or the back of there head.

I can stress this enough, NONE OF US ever break the rule of flying over people < near people ever .
We know if there is an a incident were to happen, it will make news, and new rules will be enforced on DJI and your drone wont be able to take off again in that area.

You say this is a Gift from one of the Members , so dont risk getting it swiped by a car or having one of those kids throw Rocks at it, as you most likely will not get another one from him or anyone else.

Example lets say you saved your money and bought me a car , and I decided that i would drive it when I was drunk an almost side swiped everyone on the road. You would not be to happy right ?

You can make this same type of video but use common sense , and Landing in strangers hand is so Dangerous.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Save People that are breaking some serious Rules.
I was abit.... Too happy when I was flying it...

Phantomrain.org
I understand your statement though and I will keep it in mind for my future flights

What I really like about the mini 2 is...

The fact that it doesn't fly like a cinder block with propellers (unlike my broken mavic pro that is now proven to be obsolete)

It's easier to make friends with this drone than the other one
Because the other mavic pro is big and flies in pure intimidation and dominince and it sounds scary
But with the mini 2 it's cute... Sounds cute and it does things a mavic pro can't do

I made so many friends off of one battery!

Last edited:
In addition to Phantomrain's comments about the safety of others I think you put the drone at risk through a possible loss of signal and a possible loss of GPS under those trees.

If you lost control signal for the necessary period of time the drone will, page 15 of the manual, reverse course for 50m and then climb to RTH height. That could have put it up into those trees.
If you had lost control signal and GPS under those trees the drone would have hovered. Bottom of page 15

"The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing."

I admire what the drone did and how neatly you flew the flight and I can imagine you were excited and wanted to try the drone out but in truth the flight was ill advised, people may be forgiving but physics and drone programming are not, fly into an area of bad radio reception and the drone will respond as it is programmed to do.
Please do not repeat such a flight.

In addition to Phantomrain's comments about the safety of others I think you put the drone at risk through a possible loss of signal and a possible loss of GPS under those trees.
If you lost control signal for the necessary period of time the drone will, page 15 of the manual, reverse course for 50m and then climb to RTH height. That could have put it up into those trees.
If you had lost control signal and GPS under those trees the drone would have hovered. Bottom of page 15

"The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing."

I admire what the drone did and how neatly you flew the flight and I can imagine you were excited and wanted to try the drone out but in truth the flight was ill advised, people may be forgiving but physics and drone programming are not, fly into an area of bad radio reception and the drone will respond as it is programmed to do.
Please do not repeat such a flight.
Okay I understand

If you had lost control
HANG ON JUST ONE SEC

So instead of my other drone
This one will throw itself into reverse, right stick down itself and then climb?

HANG ON JUST ONE SEC

So instead of my other drone
This one will throw itself into reverse, right stick down itself and then climb?"
You have been around the forum long enough to know part of the answer to that, "read the manual."

"
Failsafe RTH
If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds.
When the firmware is updated to v1.1.0.0 and above, the aircraft will fly backwards for 50 m on its original flight route and ascend to the preset RTH altitude to enter Straight Line RTH. The aircraft enters Straight Line RTH if the remote controller signal is restored during Failsafe RTH. When the aircraft flies backwards along the original flight path and the distance from the Home Point is less than 20 m, the aircraft stops flying backward on the original flight route and enters Straight Line RTH at the current altitude.
In DJI Fly, users can change the settings of how the aircraft responds when the remote controller signal is lost. The aircraft will not execute Failsafe RTH if land or hover has been selected in the settings."

Whether it actually reverses or turns through 180deg and flies forward retracing the original course I can't remember.

You have been around the forum long enough to know part of the answer to that, "read the manual."

"
Failsafe RTH
If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds.
When the firmware is updated to v1.1.0.0 and above, the aircraft will fly backwards for 50 m on its original flight route and ascend to the preset RTH altitude to enter Straight Line RTH. The aircraft enters Straight Line RTH if the remote controller signal is restored during Failsafe RTH. When the aircraft flies backwards along the original flight path and the distance from the Home Point is less than 20 m, the aircraft stops flying backward on the original flight route and enters Straight Line RTH at the current altitude.
In DJI Fly, users can change the settings of how the aircraft responds when the remote controller signal is lost. The aircraft will not execute Failsafe RTH if land or hover has been selected in the settings."
Ok
I get it now
I'm looking all in the box and can't find the manual so I'll download it

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Incidentally the retrace may be three dimensional i.e. it might include changes of height, I haven't really tested that.

not unless he has superman's eyes.o_O 🤣
I can meet ice cubes with my eyes
It takes awhile like 15 minutes to do it but yes

My brother was watching it from a window for me

Sorry but, even if your brother was somewhere such that he could see it (which I doubt) when you could not, then he was not beside you ........................so it does not count.

Last edited:
you're pretty darn good on the sticks
Actually I would say very good. I thought the stick control was wonderful, far better than mine, but I suppose it helps being born with a game buoy or Nantondo thing more or less in your hands lol.
Incorrect? spellings intentional to indicated my lack of familiarity with them

Last edited:
Reactions: March411
Hey Kywon, we all know that you were eager to fly your new bird and your flight was pretty amazing.

I’m sure most think you video was cool, flying in some pretty tight areas but it was outside the rules for flying drones. I know that you have limited space to fly by your house but all your friends here are simply asking for you to follow the VLOS rules so that you don’t get in trouble.

Knowing you I am confident that you will make the adjustment and follow the guidelines moving forward.

Reactions: MS Coast
I can meet ice cubes with my eyes
It takes awhile like 15 minutes to do it but yes

Oh, let's stay real here. It wouldn't have been possible for him to see the drone all the way around the block with all those buildings and trees. And a visual observer only counts if they're close enough to you to talk with you directly.

(Down here on the hot Gulf coast, I can melt ice cubes by staring at them for only six or eight minutes. It takes lots of practice, Grasshopper.)

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Oh, let's stay real here. It wouldn't have been possible for him to see the drone all the way around the block with all those buildings and trees. And a visual observer only counts if they're close enough to you to talk with you directly.

(Down here on the hot Gulf coast, I can melt ice cubes by staring at them for only six or eight minutes. It takes lots of practice, Grasshopper.)
+1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs