DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic in memoriam.

Should have bought tons of rice and keep it in there for at least 3 or 4 days.

So sorry to hear buddy. Its heart braking, I had at least 3 close calls, to be honest I have been very very lucky, now every flight I flight with the same care I took on my initial flight. Do not overextend or try to show off and remember. Object are closer than they appear!!

Reactions: Finlandos

Again dont want to sound as a "Know it all" but as a golden rule if something drop in water follow this steps to have a better change of recovery:

1) Turn off the device and remove the battery asap
2) Try to remove as much water as possible
3) Do not try to dry it with heat. What would happen is that the small moisture will evaporate and then when the temp changes it will turn to water when the temp changes.
4) Find a large enough container and fill it with was much rice as needed to perfectly cover the entire device.
5) Close the container as best as possible
6) Wait for at least 3 to 4 days (this is the hard part I know!!)
7) on the 4th / 5th day examine if there is any trace of humidity, if there is at least a small tiny visible drop, dip the device again inside he rice and leave it there for a couple more days 3~4 days)
8) Check again and repeat as needed.
9) When you 100% sure there is no more humidity, plug in a not fully charged battery and try to restart.
10) Pray and cross fingers.

Step 10 is option but it might increase your chances.

I hope you get a replacement soon buddy.

Reactions: Finlandos
Again dont want to sound as a "Know it all" but as a golden rule if something drop in water follow this steps to have a better change of recovery:

1) Turn off the device and remove the battery asap
2) Try to remove as much water as possible
3) Do not try to dry it with heat. What would happen is that the small moisture will evaporate and then when the temp changes it will turn to water when the temp changes.
4) Find a large enough container and fill it with was much rice as needed to perfectly cover the entire device.
5) Close the container as best as possible
6) Wait for at least 3 to 4 days (this is the hard part I know!!)
7) on the 4th / 5th day examine if there is any trace of humidity, if there is at least a small tiny visible drop, dip the device again inside he rice and leave it there for a couple more days 3~4 days)
8) Check again and repeat as needed.
9) When you 100% sure there is no more humidity, plug in a not fully charged battery and try to restart.
10) Pray and cross fingers.

Step 10 is option but it might increase your chances.

I hope you get a replacement soon buddy.
Thanks for support.I order new yesterday.

Should have bought tons of rice and keep it in there for at least 3 or 4 days.

So sorry to hear buddy. Its heart braking, I had at least 3 close calls, to be honest I have been very very lucky, now every flight I flight with the same care I took on my initial flight. Do not overextend or try to show off and remember. Object are closer than they appear!!
You are right.No i wait and pay again.

Reactions: stratos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d