DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic landing pad was free

Golfnut

Reactions
Not that I'm cheap or anything but I used some stuff I had lying around and made a landing pad. No, it doesn't roll up or fold. This is for those times when portability is no big deal, which in my case is most of the time. I won't be taking this on vacation with me in other words. Just an idea for those who, like me, are retired and penniless:) Just an 2'x2' old rubber mat, some duct tape and a can of spray paint.

Attachments

• landing pad.jpg
    landing pad.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 302
Neat to be retired and have something to do !
I posted in another forum that I just use my cars backseat floor mats !
Cheap and always there when I need something !
Thats a **** good idea,thanks for sharing.

I am using the same. But I found out that landing the Mavic on it is quite difficult. When positioning it in minimum altitude and then pulling throttle down it will still drift a few cm until touchdown and then land not centered on the pad.
I have now solved this by putting a big cross and a "H" onto the white pad surface, made of black fabric tape. This gives the optical feedback to the downlooking cameras in low altitude, needed for precision landing.

Not that I'm cheap or anything but I used some stuff I had lying around and made a landing pad. No, it doesn't roll up or fold. This is for those times when portability is no big deal, which in my case is most of the time. I won't be taking this on vacation with me in other words. Just an idea for those who, like me, are retired and penniless:) Just an 2'x2' old rubber mat, some duct tape and a can of spray paint.

Hey great minds think alike. Lol

f31f22611dc1497835b99970f465ca5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have three different landing pads, FlatHat, Hoodman and Bestem Aerial, and they were all free, I just need to make a video review for each of them :cool:.

I just made mine out of a real estate agents corfu advertising board that they stick on your nature strip to point the way to an open for inspection. Just put some red tape over their wording and the contrast gets the Mavic back onto the arrow 4 out of five times as long as no wind. Plus I always set it on the ground with the arrow pointing into the wind so that the Mavic will land into the wind. As with other posts, free....................

Landing Mat.jpg

My only problem with this is that the mavic is highly portable, and the times when I'll need a pad is when the ground is uneven or unpredictable, I.e. When not at home. I'm trying to come up with a solution that is portable, but also rigid when extended and collapses to something small for travel. Nothing really on the market either.

I'm thinking something along the lines of the floor of the HAB, for anyone who's read the Martian. Can only fold 180°, so it can fold up for travel, but when unfolded and flipped upside down, becomes rigid. Like lats of wood that are attached to fabric at one side.

Hmmm, I'll continue the research...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_