DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Maximum Distance Flight Mavic 2 Pro Recorded

Not into the distance thing that much but cool to see what is can do. Ignore the whiners that are posting, not sure what their problem is.

Reactions: lolo780
Almost 2 years ago I was able to achieve 44,801 ft or 8.48 miles over the ocean. Very scary coming back and landing essentially without any battery left. Never want to try and reduplicate that again.

44,000 sqft was round trip so I assumed you got 7KM out to
Almost 2 years ago I was able to achieve 44,801 ft or 8.48 miles over the ocean. Very scary coming back and landing essentially without any battery left. Never want to try and reduplicate that again.

That's was around 7KM out to the sea. Which model you flew and what was the altitude, how much battery left when you landed?

**but makes one wonder how many drones are lost trying to do this long distance thing. if one wants bragging rights, then limit it to ONLY out of the box drones.

I have wondered this myself. Every time someone joins this group, and tells us they "found" a mavic laying in the wilderness when they went hiking. I have seen that type of post at least 6 or 7 times in the last year or so. Makes you think if they are randomly finding Mavics in the wild, how many are still laying out there that AREN'T found? NOW, add in all the other models of drones that have probably similar numbers of lost during flight events........ WOW! I bet that is a BIG number!

Good flight, not sure of the rules in Vietnam but I assume this was a distance built up to after many shorter flights building confidence in the aircraft, signal etc.

Excellent distance for stock mavic! I have to use a 4hawks panel to get to 8km. Well done though.

Good name for the video "Flying thru the soup barefoot." I like that--good video. Also, it is a well known fact that airplanes fly over cities all the time. No problem and no one worries about it. (maybe the guy in the plane). If a Mavic runs low on fuel, they gently auto land. They don't crash out of the sky and kill and hurt people. I have not heard of that ever happening atleast. Yeah, planes maybe. So planes should be banned from flying over cities? I mean, should we all freak out because some little tiny drone flies over something? The sky is not falling. Well, yet anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spike151
No offense Guys, .... This is an example for me what not to do with your drone...
Whenever someone says no offense.. I read their comments..

I have wondered this myself. Every time someone joins this group, and tells us they "found" a mavic laying in the wilderness when they went hiking. I have seen that type of post at least 6 or 7 times in the last year or so. Makes you think if they are randomly finding Mavics in the wild, how many are still laying out there that AREN'T found? NOW, add in all the other models of drones that have probably similar numbers of lost during flight events........ WOW! I bet that is a BIG number!
I'm betting the same number that are crashed running into trees, bridges, telephone poles...

On your way out, climb smoothly up to your cruising height instead of going up at 4m/s. From take off get your horizontal speed to full as quickly as possible. Also turn off obstacle avoidance.

Try a reflector on the right RC antenna to improve signal strength. At 10% battery you can go another 2-3km depending on wind.

Watch your RPMs and if they start to drop in P mode because of wind, switch to sport mode and modulate the throttle to maintain the RPM delta over hover. In a headwind you can do the same in P mode or use cinematic mode which will cruise at 12.5m/s.

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Last edited:
Keep it civil people, please.

Would've been better to actually use it for reporting on that air polluting mess going on about halfway out ...oh and get a faster card!
Did the commentary mention it? I don't know as not fluent in Vietnamese.

Roger that! Now you see why Trump stopped the BS with the pollution standards with the UN. No one else is contributing or curtailing their pollution but the USA but they want our $ to keep coming in... LOL! Great video!

Reactions: Rodkat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN