DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mini 3 retail box has a sticker with UK CE CA written on it Could it be a European version I got?

zeldalink72

Reactions
Please share if you have the same stickers for those who gets great range for the mini 3

Attachments

• DE22CB12-D9F1-4336-8DA9-46519D84E258.jpeg
    DE22CB12-D9F1-4336-8DA9-46519D84E258.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Are there different models? I was led to believe there's just 1 worldwide model that adjusts power output depending on location, from GPS location. I presume you have the controller with built in screen? If that's the case then the sticker would mention all the applicable codes/rules it complies with. That sticker mentions FCC compliance too, which again makes me think there's just 1 international version, rather than what earlier DJI drones had, with different controllers for different regions.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmont250
Are there different models? I was led to believe there's just 1 worldwide model that adjusts power output depending on location, from GPS location. I presume you have the controller with built in screen? If that's the case then the sticker would mention all the applicable codes/rules it complies with. That sticker mentions FCC compliance too, which again makes me think there's just 1 international version, rather than what earlier DJI drones had, with different controllers for different regions.
It will be interesting to find out if there is 2 versions 1 for us 1 for Europe because mine they added the sticker and it could mean I have a low range model (European) it has to be clarified by the one who gets no issue with range

@zeldalink72 all the controllers and drones are the same that sticker you will notice is on the outside of the cellophane wrapper and is just a compliance sticker for customs
during the set up procedure when you link the drone to your Email address and power it up to download the firmware the DJI-rc with the screen comes with the fly app installed , but no firmware, that comes direct from DJI once the drone is activated, thats when the the drone ,is able to know its location ,and then after that it automatically adjust the Radio frequency power output to suit where in the world it is, all the drones have duel band capabilities
the only drone that was US /rest of the world specific, was the original Mavic Mini in as much as it had different controllers for each area

Just got mine an hour ago and charging now...same info on box. My problem is the Skydio 2+ came last night and now the Mini 3...which to fly first?? Gotta fly the Mini 3 Pro first.
Old Man Mavic is the man when it comes to answers here. I have found him to be very reliable with information.

• Love
Reactions: old man mavic
@NG Wildman ,many thanks for you kind comments,whichever drone you fly first ,i hope you enjoy both experiences equally ,and they fit into your ever increasing fleet ,going to need a bigger hanger soon

Reactions: NG Wildman
I'm in Canada and I have the same label on my Mini-3 Pro box.
I have also determined that the lack of range is a serious issue on the Mini 3 Pro.
I recall having similar range issue on my Mini 2 until DJI released an update that corrected the range issue.
Let's hope that DJI will issue an update to resolve the range problem.
If they claim the Mini 3 has the range that they say it has, then it's either capable under the right conditions, or DJI is not being honest about range.
I tend to believe that they can do better and will eventually address the range issue before it becomes widely known, and before they lose too many sales to other models with better range.

Attachments

• Mini-3 Pro CE label.jpg
    Mini-3 Pro CE label.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 9
@NG Wildman ,many thanks for you kind comments,whichever drone you fly first ,i hope you enjoy both experiences equally ,and they fit into your ever increasing fleet ,going to need a bigger hanger soon
Thanks, OMM. The coolest thing is that my compliments are also facts.

Reactions: old man mavic
Well, you may remember, there was something like Brexit and therefore the UK is not part of many, many, maaaany regulations anymore, even if they made perfect sense to handle them in a common effort (leaving the EU was a big mistake I think).

Therefore the CE is what they now don't want to use anymore, but the UK CA:

It will be interesting to find out if there is 2 versions 1 for us 1 for Europe because mine they added the sticker and it could mean I have a low range model (European) it has to be clarified by the one who gets no issue with range
No such thing. Range is determined by the GPS and physical location.
It has to be to stop for example illegal USA powers being used on a drone of a traveller on holiday in the rest of the world.
Boxes are just going to be labelled with all the conformity markings required. You're not going to have different boxes for different regions.

Well, you may remember, there was something like Brexit and therefore the UK is not part of many, many, maaaany regulations anymore, even if they made perfect sense to handle them in a common effort (leaving the EU was a big mistake I think).

Therefore the CE is what they now don't want to use anymore, but the UK CA:

Most of those are harmonised long before the EU and will be afterwards.
Transmission power wise, the USA is the global outlier with almost nowhere else in the world allowing the higher powers in those bands for various reasons.
(USA doesn't have a good record for RF spectrum management either - just look at the carnage being caused by them allowing 5G into and adjacent to a reserved aircraft radio altimeter band currently!).
Ultimately there has so far been little or no divergence so UKCA/CE is going to be identical in most cases. Thats unlikely to ever change for things like this.

(leaving the EU was a big mistake I think).
Going to disagree with you on that. I was 50/50 but now 100% in favour of getting as far away as humanly possible in all areas!

Going to disagree with you on that. I was 50/50 but now 100% in favour of getting as far away as humanly possible in all areas!
Well, then agree to disagree about this point as I think it's not the right place to elaborate either side.
I heard Rwanda is a nice place to stay away from humanity these days. 🤔 🙃

Well, then agree to disagree about this point as I think it's not the right place to elaborate either side.
I heard Rwanda is a nice place to stay away from humanity these days. 🤔 🙃
To be fair, its likely better than Newport, Wales......

now now gents ,lets keep it civil ,political opinions have no place on the forum

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12