DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My neighbourhood in China

Taking advice from my last video, I tried to fly with a bit more purpose and variety, instead of just flying high in the sky looking at the landscape from above. My location is not as nice as last time, but I feel that I've made some progress in composition, flight and editing. As always, advice and feedback is welcome. :)
I love how are you ascended the buildings with simplistic strategy if that makes sense The music also matched

well Heindrich1988 a great watch as it's something different. I especially like the light ca. 1:17, 1:45, nice look.

I reckon it'd take me weeks to work out which apartment block was mine then I'd guarantee I'd be on the top floor and the lift wouldn't work ?

Have you programmed a visit to the new flagship store yet?

Reactions: Heindrich1988
well Heindrich1988 a great watch as it's something different. I especially like the light ca. 1:17, 1:45, nice look.

I reckon it'd take me weeks to work out which apartment block was mine then I'd guarantee I'd be on the top floor and the lift wouldn't work ?

Have you programmed a visit to the new flagship store yet?

Thank you :)

lol thankfully there's 3 lifts, so you'd have to be really unlucky for all three to break down at once! ?

I have not been to the new Beijing store. I left Beijing in July, before it opened recently. @Gadgetdude went there and took some pictures, not sure if you saw:

Reactions: Sky Wombat

Taking advice from my last video, I tried to fly with a bit more purpose and variety, instead of just flying high in the sky looking at the landscape from above. My location is not as nice as last time, but I feel that I've made some progress in composition, flight and editing. As always, advice and feedback is welcome. :)
Great flying and very informative, always impressed with the neatness of the landscaping.

Very nice video. Good job. I love how it looks like one, giant garden woven around many hi-rise buildings. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that´s tremendous Heindrich...Vertiginous and very impressive Thumbswayup How tall are the buildings? And how many people are living in the quarter?
cheers Paul

Regarding height... most of the buildings are 30-storeys tall. I found an article that claimed each level is 4.5m. So I guess that makes my roof 135m tall. I could verify with my drone at some stage. lol

As for how many people. I estimated around 5000 apartments in total based on my own building and phase. However, currently, only 4 of 5 planned phases are complete. The 5th phase is under construction.

According to the Chinese version of Wikipedia, 8090 "households" are planned in total for the five phases combined. This won't be all apartments though. Some will be hotel-style "apartments" or what you might call studio apartments in English.

It's hard to estimate population based on that. The traditional Chinese family unit might be husband, wife, one kid and the man's parents (i.e. 5 per household). But there's a lot of variation on that. A lot of young couples don't like living with their parents. I suspect there's also quite a lot of high-earning Huawei employees too busy to date living alone in the apartments in Exquisite Bay. ?

Regarding height... most of the buildings are 30-storeys tall. I found an article that claimed each level is 4.5m. So I guess that makes my roof 135m tall. I could verify with my drone at some stage. lol

As for how many people. I estimated around 5000 apartments in total based on my own building and phase. However, currently, only 4 of 5 planned phases are complete. The 5th phase is under construction.

According to the Chinese version of Wikipedia, 8090 "households" are planned in total for the five phases combined. This won't be all apartments though. Some will be hotel-style "apartments" or what you might call studio apartments in English.

It's hard to estimate population based on that. The traditional Chinese family unit might be husband, wife, one kid and the man's parents (i.e. 5 per household). But there's a lot of variation on that. A lot of young couples don't like living with their parents. I suspect there's also quite a lot of high-earning Huawei employees too busy to date living alone in the apartments in Exquisite Bay. ?
Hi Heindrich,
wow thank you very much for the very detailed explanations Thumbswayup Thumbswayup For me your place in China it´s another world, because
I live in avery small village with 45 inhabitants (see attached photo. Yellow arrow is our house) It´s veeeery calm here, no Corona, and fortunately no other problems, it´s just fine:)
Have a nice day and happy flying!
cheers Paul
Hellersberg  Nordost Pfeil.jpg

Hendrich: Next try adding some additional drams to your video by flying a log-spiral flight path to a prominent target - see attached image.

Attachments

• Log-Spiral Constant Tangent Angle Illustration-LINE 102020.jpg
    Log-Spiral Constant Tangent Angle Illustration-LINE 102020.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 8
Good video storytelling and looks like a very interesting place to live. It looks like a small oasis that you could just never leave and be happy...

I think you did a great job. What editing software are you using?

Hi Heindrich,
wow thank you very much for the very detailed explanations Thumbswayup Thumbswayup For me your place in China it´s another world, because
I live in avery small village with 45 inhabitants (see attached photo. Yellow arrow is our house) It´s veeeery calm here, no Corona, and fortunately no other problems, it´s just fine:)
Have a nice day and happy flying!
cheers Paul
View attachment 115657

Your home village looks lovely! I've never lived anywhere quite that rural, but I do love the countryside as well! Pristine fields and clear skies is the one thing I miss from Europe.

Since I bought my Air 2, I've never had a totally clear day where I can see all the way to the horizon. Apparently it's just the misty climate here, and it does seem to be different from air pollution I've seen elsewhere, but it's a shame I can't fly up and capture the skyscrapers in the city centre about 17km away. ?

Hendrich: Next try adding some additional drams to your video by flying a log-spiral flight path to a prominent target - see attached image.

I've tried that in my latest work :) err... I think. I'm not 100% sure I understand.

I practiced flying in a curve around the big lantern quite a lot... but in the end, picked a shot that worked as a skyline reveal.

I also tried to focus on prominent buildings to try to achieve a close, middle and far composition where possible. But it's quite hard to balance speed and smoothness when flying close to anything.

Nice video, good flying and editing. I read other's questions, comments, and your answers with interest.

We had our own little "cave in the side of a cliff" while we lived in Toronto, but I don't miss the urban rush since we moved out. Retirement in the "near north" is agreeing with us.

Nice video, good flying and editing. I read other's questions, comments, and your answers with interest.

We had our own little "cave in the side of a cliff" while we lived in Toronto, but I don't miss the urban rush since we moved out. Retirement in the "near north" is agreeing with us.

Wow, I just saw where you lived from Google Maps. According to Google, your whole area has less than 500 residents!? That's amazing! That's the sort of remote location I sometimes look at out of aircraft windows and wonder what it'd be like to live there. Looks like a drone pilot's paradise!

Reactions: Barbara
Wow, I just saw where you lived from Google Maps. According to Google, your whole area has less than 500 residents!? That's amazing! That's the sort of remote location I sometimes look at out of aircraft windows and wonder what it'd be like to live there. Looks like a drone pilot's paradise!
Heindrich, those numbers might be a bit misleading. Our town has about 12000 residents, a mining town turned retirement town once the mines started closing down. Granted, we are in the middle of nowhere, but that suits us just fine. If you like lakes, trees and rock, this place is for you.

The material for Drone pilots is abundant. This is a video I made last fall with my Spark:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak