DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My remote caught water

Tajuddin

Reactions
Hello,

I was holding the remote control of DJI mini 2 when I accidentally fell into water at pond. The remote caught water. It's not charging and also not connecting to phone. Any valuable suggestions appreciated 😪

I will open the controller, disconnect the battery internally and let it dry for few days. The battery has a good chance to die. The controller has better chances.

If not... get a new controller will not be that hard or expensive. I have 3 of them. LOL.

Hey. My smart controller got splashed on a canoe trip. The left battery was the only thing showing a bit of rust. Screen flashes on but will not boot. Found a new set of batteries (there are two connected) on ebay from China. 55 bucks. Anyone had this happen? I'm thinking of buying and installing.....

I would open it and dry it out just in case that works but I'd start looking for another one on the likes of eBay etc..
That may be cheaper than a repair.
Also look into a lanyard, that would likely prevent any future drops.

I guess you could try the old stick it in a bag of rice method as a last resort. It’s worked for my phone but your controller likely has more openings for water penetration. Maybe just want to get a new one to be safe.

Hey. My smart controller got splashed on a canoe trip. The left battery was the only thing showing a bit of rust. Screen flashes on but will not boot. Found a new set of batteries (there are two connected) on ebay from China. 55 bucks. Anyone had this happen? I'm thinking of buying and installing.....
I had the exact same thing happen. I took it apart. Was going to buy the battery's too. Though I'd wait. Keep updating if you decide to try and fix it. Thx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark