DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neary out of business??

Reactions
Over on the phantom forum people are saying that neary is out of business and scammed everyone. I too am a victim if this is true. I have called and sent emails and got no response. The BBB listed him as out of business. There is a ton of info including how to file a fraud complaint on that forum.

Reactions: ABRsanta
Last edited:
I guess mavic pilots are a little more savvy then to trust a company like neary if nobody heard of him. I guess that's true however. Because I got smarter and insured my mavic with State Farm. Then after this fiasco I got a policy on my sons p4 with them.

I guess mavic pilots are a little more savvy then to trust a company like neary if nobody heard of him.
Neary insurance was pretty popular back when the Phantom 3 was the current Phantom. He started his business before DJI started offering DJI Care.

I wouldn't say mavic pilots are more savvy Trucker as there are Many here flying mavics they just got caught up with a bad deal .

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Neary insurance was pretty popular back when the Phantom 3 was the current Phantom. He started his business before DJI started offering DJI Care.
Well I'm 6 months into a 2 year plan with him now on my sons p4. I guess the real issue is that you can still purchase a plan today. He is just collecting money and not delivering anything in return. People on the phantom forums are saying they need to track down their drones and then pay the shop themselves for repairs.

I guess the real issue is that you can still purchase a plan today. He is just collecting money and not delivering anything in return.
Yes, that does seem to be the current state of this situation. I know @hunch used to do repair work for Neary. Perhaps he knows what's going on.

I'm back! Re entry can get a bit bumpy. While I was there I helped my parents get together at the enchantment under the sea dance.

I'm back! Re entry can get a bit bumpy. While I was there I helped my parents get together at the enchantment under the sea dance.

But, did you buy Apple Stock? It has doubled in value over the last 6 months!

:cool:

So can somebody please clarify what Neary is and explain in detail what is going on? I'm a little lost here.

Use State Farm.
Coverage is only as good as the company and it's reputation
State Farm will not cover your drones if you use them for Commercial reasons. At least not here in Kansas near Wichita. I had a nice quote and they bound the coverage for me, but when they learned I might be using them for commercial purposes, their underwriting department said no and cancelled my coverage. Pretty sad - those that fly commercially are no more likely to have a claim than those who don't. Another lost opportunity for a business to do the right thing but will lose out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan