DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Necessary with Mavic

I have been successful in finding places to fly from without having to resort to a takeoff/landing pad. The Mavic is small and a rock or just flattening down grass with your feet is sufficient. I don't like to take off from dirt as it will soil the VPS and possibly the lens of the camera.

Another annoying thing will be wet grass from dew in the morning touching the camera.

As a result, predict that there will be as many hand launches as hand catches.
Tripod mode can assist noobs with hand catching.
It's good that the controller is light and has easy one hand dexterity for hand catching.
I still wish that DJI made lanyard ring on the controller.

Ed - Cant one just hand launch by tossing the Mavic Pro while throttling up? That is of course after placing it on the ground to determine home point and so forth. I want to do Lily style launches just by chucking the Mavic Pro with hard left left stick up (Mode 1 of course) .
Probably much more successful by tossing it over a cliff where it can free fall for a while....

:rolleyes:
--> that is a joke. Do not throw your Mavic over a cliff. ;)

Reactions: @PeteVee
I just registered my spark with the FAA and it says that you must display the ID they gave you somewhere on your drone. I am wondering how and where on your drone some of you have put that

Used Brother Label Printer and placed label with FAA Drone registration number within battery compartment. Also printed if Found call : my mobile number and placed in the same location.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun