DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neewer 4 piece filter for mavic nd4 nd8 nd16 nd32 review

I grabbed the same 4 piece filter set last week. Only complaint is I have to really fight my ND32 on the gimbal.

The amazon one comes in an official neewer box with serial number does the ebay one also?
see pics. IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG

Last edited:
when i put in my amazon order id on the neewer.com website, it pulls up my one year warranty so I now it is an official neewer product with warranty. Im not sure the ebay one is real.

Reactions: coop64
The ebay link u posted said it was nd4 8 16 32 are u sure u didnt buy a different listing
My mistake actually the set I bought was $29 which was still a great deal compared to others out there , I found the other set after and wanted to share that deal...

Reactions: coop64
do u have a link to the $29 set u bought, it does sound like a great deal. I really want the nd64. please list the link from your original purchase if u check purchases under ebay u should find it.

i suggest you go to neewer.com register an account and enter your amazon id and put that as a service request as it will be covered under warranty and they will send u a new nd32 filter.

Yes one is a clear UV filter then you get the ND 8 , 16 , 32 and 64 , l mostly use the 8 and 16 as I shoot mainly early morning and late evening...

Unusual to find those ND # combos, most lug you with a 4 as standard, and most don't include a 64.

My NiSi 6 set also has the ND8,16,32, and 64, plus UV clear and clear polariser.

I used my NiSi ND16 the other day at the beach, it was late in the day, left it on right through to sunset . . . usually I would use an ND8 but just I thought I'd give the 16 a go.
Was surprisingly good and not too dark.

Kinda glad the 6 set I have doesn't include the ND4, as the UVCL and C-PL are both around 1.5 stops anyway.
Reading thread here it seems my 6 set was way more than Neewer, but I feel worth it for the flexibility, and NiSi has a good reputation / background in regular photography filters.

I will definitely add Neewer to my recommendations to others looking for a more budget option, their filters look to tick most of the boxes on quality.

Reactions: go fast
been using neewer filters for a while now.. have them for the P3P, i1 X3 and X5 and now the mavic...

A filter over your lens won't have any effect on the video transmitted back through the antenna.

A filter over your lens won't have any effect on the video transmitted back through the antenna.

I am not sure why? Once the filter is mounted then the camera sees filtered light and transmits the video as it sees it.

My wife got me these as a gift for Christmas. I never even asked for them. She rocks!

Not to derail the thread, but how to you clean them when your fat fingers touch the lens. Standard lens cleaning pads??

I am not sure why? Once the filter is mounted then the camera sees filtered light and transmits the video as it sees it.

Hmmmm - the filter has absolutely nothing to do with the electrons and electromagnetic waves of the transmitted signal.
The signal quality has nothing to do with the intensity of the light - you could be in pitch dark and even though the picture is black there's still a signal.
Maybe you'll just have to trust me on this one since I'm trying to think of an analogy and failing.

Hmmmm - the filter has absolutely nothing to do with the electrons and electromagnetic waves of the transmitted signal.
The signal quality has nothing to do with the intensity of the light - you could be in pitch dark and even though the picture is black there's still a signal.
Maybe you'll just have to trust me on this one since I'm trying to think of an analogy and failing.

Oh OK, now I see what you meant. Thanks, but that wasn’t my concern. Good to know though for anyone who might be wondering if there will be any signal interference due to filters.

My wife got me these as a gift for Christmas. I never even asked for them. She rocks!

Not to derail the thread, but how to you clean them when your fat fingers touch the lens. Standard lens cleaning pads??

Yes mate, any clean soft cloth is fine.
I have a small microfibre cloth for glasses I keep in my bag, but you get used to fitting and removing them without touching the lens.
Having the Mavic off and the gimbal clamp on is a good idea, helps keep it stable, but you still need to grasp the clamp part to help support as you push to fit and lightly twist to remove a lens.

Anyone with the neewer 4 piece set from amazon having problems fit and felt inside the filter rim being loose? My ND 16 was problematic from the get go, now the ND32 crap. Felt is not attached well to the rim in spots so it bunches up when trying to get an even fit around gimbal.
75e7f0f089413b3398c483ba6d2aa0c0.jpg

Yes one is a clear UV filter then you get the ND 8 , 16 , 32 and 64.

Did the UV filter come with the 4 - set? If not, where can I get one (haven't looked yet) ALWAYS best to protect the camera lens, I use the UV filter on all my DSLR, cost me a half an F stop, saves the $$$ lens. Good trade IMHO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes