DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Announcement Jan 23rd

With the aerodynamic design what is the top speed?

60mph +

Is it Tuesday yet? I’m really looking forward to this reveal.
No worries, Tuesday will be here before you know it! All I can say is get out there and fly the heck out of your Mav for now. Who knows, if the so called Mavic Air is what we think it might be, you might just loose interest in your existing Mavic. Maybe Not.:p

No worries, Tuesday will be here before you know it! All I can say is get out there and fly the heck out of your Mav for now. Who knows, if the so called Mavic Air is what we think it might be, you might just loose interest in your existing Mavic. Maybe Not.:p

Lol, won’t loose interest, but must fly all the drones.

Reactions: Drone Master
About that post from early December talking about the small drone that apparently came true with Tello...and Mavic Air.

What if the small flip drone is exactly the Mavic Air (maybe with fixed wings) and the Adventure Unfolds second drone is finally the Mavic Pro 2 as Tello is not exactly a DJI product?
Just confirmed that the small flip drone was indeed the Tello, DJI will be selling it in store when available.
Also looks like that employee who leaked got reprimanded and DJI are told to keep their mouths shut.

Reactions: #28
Man, the timing of this sucks for me! I have a big trip to Thailand coming up in March and I was planning on taking my Mavic. Normally what I would do is preorder the new drone as soon as the new one is announced and sell my old one before the news has spread in order to maximize the sell price-but I can’t do this now because I’ll bet the new Mavic (assuming that’s what it is) will likely not ship before I leave :-(. And even if it does I can’t sell my current Mavic until I know I’ll get the new one. Such 1st world problems! (Wait, Costco’s selling Mavics and they have a great return policy...that woudn’t be right to do that, would it? hmm...)

Z

Just confirmed that the small flip drone was indeed the Tello, DJI will be selling it in store when available.
Also looks like that employee who leaked got reprimanded and DJI are told to keep their mouths shut.
Ok we are now sure there is no Mavic Pro 2! Thank you mate, hope the Mavic Air will be awesome even if smaller!!

I am just wondering who will get one first for review. Does anyone know if Casey Neistat was invited this time?:eek:

Does anyone know if Casey Neistat was invited this time?
While I find his videos entertaining, he doesn't do a great job of reviewing DJI drones.

Reactions: darkneo
While I find his videos entertaining, he doesn't do a great job of reviewing DJI drones.
I agree, however he seems to sneak into these invites. I know there will be plenty of first reviewers. Some great and well, not so great. If anyone had a crack at it, who would you feel DJI would let be the first?

If anyone had a crack at it, who would you feel DJI would let be the first?
Not sure. I might have to start up a YouTube channel this year so they give me a crack some day...

Reactions: Rnl
Not sure. I might have to start up a YouTube channel this year so they give me a crack some day...
Heck, with all your efforts on helping pilots across the Drone Pilot Network for so long, you deserve a chance for sure!:cool:
I would definitely subscribe to your channel.:)

Reactions: Rnl
My take is DJI is going to announce a fixed wing drone. The wings will fold for transportation.

Ok we are now sure there is no Mavic Pro 2! Thank you mate, hope the Mavic Air will be awesome even if smaller!!
The impression I got was that it was a smaller, cheaper Mavic with “possibly” worse camera.
We’ll know soon enough for sure but maybe anyone expecting a Mavic 2 with 1” sensor might be disappointed.
Perhaps DJI is seeing too much cannibalisation of the Phantom line?
I found it interesting that DJI is so behind the Tello and promoting it as a “programable” drone rather than toy.

The impression I got was that it was a smaller, cheaper Mavic with “possibly” worse camera.
We’ll know soon enough for sure but maybe anyone expecting a Mavic 2 with 1” sensor might be disappointed.
Perhaps DJI is seeing too much cannibalisation of the Phantom line?
I found it interesting that DJI is so behind the Tello and promoting it as a “programable” drone rather than toy.
I think the Tello is just a way for our kids to get back at us for not letting them have the controls to our big toy. If you buy one of these for your child or teenager, be aware. Teach them well !:D

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972