DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI drone coming...

CyberNate

Reactions
Here in the Bay Area of California we have a DJI office. My colleague was talking to API Developer at DJI and he says that they will release a new drone in about 2 months. This new drone will be smaller and cheaper than the Mavic. He also said that the DJI Goggles won't be released anytime soon. This is all I heard from him.

What do you guys think? Will it be something that competes with the Dobby, or perhaps even more capable? Looking forward to seeing details about this new DJI product.

Here in the Bay Area of California we have a DJI office. My colleague was talking to API Developer at DJI and he says that they will release a new drone in about 2 months. This new drone will be smaller and cheaper than the Mavic. He also said that the DJI Goggles won't be released anytime soon. This is all I heard from him.

What do you guys think? Will it be something that competes with the Dobby, or perhaps even more capable? Looking forward to seeing details about this new DJI product.
There is a thread here about it, it is called the 'spark'.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Rbruz and CyberNate
It's apparently going to be called the "Spark". Some people have been posting leaked photos over the last couple of days.

Reactions: CyberNate
17457518_1418487701549686_1183094017176951896_n.jpg 17553737_10156045155808289_5454486036269466853_n.jpg 17553913_10156045156208289_2058229304540633869_n.jpg DJI_Spark_Mavic_Mini_1.jpg DJI_Spark_Mavic_Mini_3.jpg DJI-MM1A-spark-drone-feature-001-800x445.jpg DJi-Spark-underside.jpg

Reactions: CyberNate
Foot on the gas for DJI. Why is no one else trying to gain consumer market share......please, do not mention GoPro and the Karma Turd.

Ask your buddy to inquire about the CrystalSky discreetly.
Regards,
-d.

Why is no one else trying to gain consumer market share
Lots of companies are trying. They are just too far behind DJI to catch up at this point. Competition is a great thing, so let's hope they make some headway soon :)

Reactions: Kestrel

Can you get details about CrystalSky? I'm really actually interested in that.

Lots of companies are trying. They are just too far behind DJI to catch up at this point. Competition is a great thing, so let's hope they make some headway soon :)

We need a heavy hitter to enter the market like Apple, Google, Samsung - no small startup will be able to put the capital forward to make up time.

We need a heavy hitter to enter the market like Apple, Google, Samsung - no small startup will be able to put the capital forward to make up time.

My opinion is, whoever it is has to get it right the first time because they will get no second chances. I think 3DR had the most promise but they missed the mark with blown deadlines, gimbal delays and the market got tired of waiting and felt betrayed. GoPro showed promise until they started falling out of the sky. The one constant is the old dog, DJI. They have issues too but their footprint is so strong that they are unmoved by the mishaps.

I think DJI had to rethink their customer service model because in my opinion, 3DR put pressure on the market to deliver better CS. At one time 3DR CS was unmatched.

None of the big companies are going to risk their money or reputation getting involved in an industry that is in flux as far as rules and regulations go. It's one thing for a drone marked DJI to crash into a bystanders face and whole different thing if it has an Apple Logo on it.

Rob

My opinion is, whoever it is has to get it right the first time because they will get no second chances. I think 3DR had the most promise but they missed the mark with blown deadlines, gimbal delays and the market got tired of waiting and felt betrayed. GoPro showed promise until they started falling out of the sky. The one constant is the old dog, DJI. They have issues too but their footprint is so strong that they are unmoved by the mishaps.

I think DJI had to rethink their customer service model because in my opinion, 3DR put pressure on the market to deliver better CS. At one time 3DR CS was unmatched.
Sadly, as long as DJI is the 500 pound gorilla - there is no market pressure for them to improve CS. We all (me included) ***** about their brutal customer service but also wait patiently for our Mavics. So sad.

Reactions: Kilrah
None of the big companies are going to risk their money or reputation getting involved in an industry that is in flux as far as rules and regulations go. It's one thing for a drone marked DJI to crash into a bystanders face and whole different thing if it has an Apple Logo on it.

Rob

Bro, Google is building and actively testing self driving cars, which have a much higher risk of causing civilian damage, not to mention the laws changing around that industry. The actual risk of a drone falling out of the sky and hurting someone is still very small, hence the lack of incidents. In fact, Amazon is pushing hard on getting as many drones in the sky as possible.

Reactions: Rbruz
Is this what's being dubbed the 'dji spark'? I wonder what the price point will be?

Concerning competition, it's going to be tough because no one in the consumer drone business is even close to the level of (proprietary) technological advances that DJI has made. Just look at their image tracking advances... integrating the camera into the control process. Is anyone else even close?

They've been this way for years now and It's not even always about the drone. Even back when I was choosing components (controllers, fpv, IOSD etc.) for non-dji drones, competitors components always came up a distant second, in terms of function and ease-of use.

Like Msinger, I would like to see some serious competition, I'm just not holding my breath for anything soon.

Reactions: Skyler and Kilrah
Id like to see Elon and Tesla break into the industry. Use some of that tech they have from the cars and turn out a nice consumer drone.

Reactions: Rbruz and Achilles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga