DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DJI Goggles RE

Ralphiboy

Reactions
"DJI Goggles Racing Edition (RE) are ready for action! Perfect for FPV, RC, and DIY enthusiasts, DJI's new FPV goggles feature a whole new look and feel, and they come with an OcuSync transmission module that you can attach to just about any RC vehicle. In this video, four friends take their DJI Goggles RE out racing and experience FPV like never before."

(Selling links not allowed-removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an addon camera/transmitter hardware which can be used with racing quads or any other remote controlled gadgets to provide FPV.

I am just wondering about they seem to re-use the goggles mechanics without any changes, just with new colour. I hoped they would have addresssed the weak points, such as the headband not flexible enough to be compatible with many head forms, the fogging displays and the missing diopter correction.

Just ordered mine ... Waiting for delivery ...

I am just wondering about they seem to re-use the goggles mechanics without any changes, just with new colour. I hoped they would have addresssed the weak points, such as the headband not flexible enough to be compatible with many head forms, the fogging displays and the missing diopter correction.

Looks like they have addressed some shortfalls, it now supports MP4, MOV, MKV and also MP3 video playback. I’m taking that it’s from the sd slot [emoji3]

Alan

Are they better than the goggles standard?
Per the DJI Goggles FAQ, here are the differences:

"DJI Goggles RE feature a redesigned facial pad and headband, making them even more comfortable to wear. In addition to all the functions of DJI Googles, DJI Goggles RE also support Sphere pano photo viewing and local video playback. DJI Goggles RE also work with the DJI OcuSync Air Unit and can receive analog video signal."

Reactions: WAXMAN
If its a selling feature it wouldn't make commercial sense
More or less, let's consider my case, I have the Goggles and I am getting a little racer, if I could use them and also get the transmission system I'll stay as a loyal customer, if not I get upset by this continuos forced new purchases and get some FatShark knowing that I'll get a better lifespan with them.

More or less, let's consider my case, I have the Goggles and I am getting a little racer, if I could use them and also get the transmission system I'll stay as a loyal customer, if not I get upset by this continuos forced new purchases and get some FatShark knowing that I'll get a better lifespan with them.
Just sell them & buy the new ones
base price is $100 more Why would they give away $100 worth with a free fw update
the fpv kit is $300

There is more difference than just the firmware, e.g. 5.8ghz support, both digital and analog, support for the Ocusync air unit and only 50ms delay. It's still worth the extra bucks, even if they would add some of the new software features to the original goggles, too.

Reactions: Kilrah
Just sell them & buy the new ones
base price is $100 more Why would they give away $100 worth with a free fw update
the fpv kit is $300
I was primarily referring to the additional local video playback format support when I posed the question on whether it might be a future firmware update. I can see that being done purely in software, without giving away the analog capabilities and OcuSync Air support that the new kit would retain as a differentiator.

I agree it doesn't make any sense for DJI to bridge the functionality gap completely as a free firmware update.

The problem could be the chip sets used, people have been trying to get the goggles to play video but struggled due to the chip sets used

you would use hardware decoders not fw software decoders

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99