DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone pilot in Texas!

Good afternoon all,

I am happy to have stumbled upon such a warm and welcoming community. I have spent quite some time lurking. Since completing the TRUST, I have been spending time in and around the Houston area with my Mini 4. I am consistently amazed by the quality of the footage it produces. I look forward to discussion around drones and potentially meeting other recreational drone pilots in my area.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and happy holidays!

Best,
Mark
Welcome Mark. Mark Tate here in San Antonio. Enjoy that amazing Mini 4. I hear it just got a substantial update. Happy flying. Merry Christmas 🎄

Welcome from Brenham TX (and Houston). Life long native Houstonian, but I now spend most of my time at our place near the Brenham area. I have promised a fellow group of Houston-area forum members that I would let y'all know when the wildflowers are doing their thing. Amazing flying when all of them are blooming!

Also interested in what others do with their photo files. Like most, I off-load the files after each flight to my laptop (plenty of SSD storage, so no concern there). But so far, they just sit there. I need to learn how to edit the MP4 files, so I can take a 5+ minute video, and just leave the good parts in.

Welcome!

Welcome from Brenham TX (and Houston). Life long native Houstonian, but I now spend most of my time at our place near the Brenham area. I have promised a fellow group of Houston-area forum members that I would let y'all know when the wildflowers are doing their thing. Amazing flying when all of them are blooming!

Also interested in what others do with their photo files. Like most, I off-load the files after each flight to my laptop (plenty of SSD storage, so no concern there). But so far, they just sit there. I need to learn how to edit the MP4 files, so I can take a 5+ minute video, and just leave the good parts in.

Welcome!
It would be amazing to photograph the wildflowers as they are in bloom!

I am right there with you in regards to editing my footage. I think at a basic level, learning to splice/cut the videos into a montage and synchronizing with music would yield dividends. I even think there is a DJI app that can perform basic versions of these tasks.

There is also the world of video color grading, but it seems like a lot of work for small changes in output.

Cheers,

Mark

• Love
Reactions: astrohip and RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13