DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone pilot in Texas!

markcmda

Reactions
Good afternoon all,

I am happy to have stumbled upon such a warm and welcoming community. I have spent quite some time lurking. Since completing the TRUST, I have been spending time in and around the Houston area with my Mini 4. I am consistently amazed by the quality of the footage it produces. I look forward to discussion around drones and potentially meeting other recreational drone pilots in my area.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and happy holidays!

Best,
Mark

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I am interested in finding out more about the workflow that others use after taking footage with their drones. What kind of software/tools do you all use? What do you do with the footage once you have completed it?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good afternoon all,

I am happy to have stumbled upon such a warm and welcoming community. I have spent quite some time lurking. Since completing the TRUST, I have been spending time in and around the Houston area with my Mini 4. I am consistently amazed by the quality of the footage it produces. I look forward to discussion around drones and potentially meeting other recreational drone pilots in my area.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and happy holidays!

Best,
Mark
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

I am interested in finding out more about the workflow that others use after taking footage with their drones. What kind of software/tools do you all use? What do you do with the footage once you have completed it?

Welcome to the forum! This is a good time of year for flying in TX without the heat and direct sun from above.

I too am interested in the workflow of others!

I always copy the files to an external drive after every outing. Then I immediately put the sd card back in the drone (so I don't forget for the next flight). At some point I copy these to a second drive and then reformat my sd card from the drone.

I edit photos (.raw) and videos directly from the external drive. I use an older version of Lightroom (non subscription), so I have to conver the .dng files using Adobe DNG converter.

If you find yourself going down the rabbit hole of manual settings, D-log M, color grading, etc. I highly recommend you check out Ted Nemeth's channel on You Tube. He is very positive, gives great advice, and produces amazing cinematic videos with just a few settings on his Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro.

Since completing the TRUST, I have been spending time in and around the Houston area with my Mini 4.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly Safe…

"I am happy to have stumbled upon such a warm and welcoming community. I have spent quite some time lurking."

Well, you must of missed most of my posts. :rolleyes:

How long have you had your Mini?

Anyways, stay away from Mavic Magnets (🌲)

Almost forgot. Welcome to the FORUM!

Rod ..

Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!
I love Colorado! I'm forever jealous of you for being so close to the mountains lol.

Welcome to the forum! This is a good time of year for flying in TX without the heat and direct sun from above.

I too am interested in the workflow of others!

I always copy the files to an external drive after every outing. Then I immediately put the sd card back in the drone (so I don't forget for the next flight). At some point I copy these to a second drive and then reformat my sd card from the drone.

I edit photos (.raw) and videos directly from the external drive. I use an older version of Lightroom (non subscription), so I have to conver the .dng files using Adobe DNG converter.

If you find yourself going down the rabbit hole of manual settings, D-log M, color grading, etc. I highly recommend you check out Ted Nemeth's channel on You Tube. He is very positive, gives great advice, and produces amazing cinematic videos with just a few settings on his Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro.
Thank you for the information @smbishop. My procedure for obtaining footage is similar to yours. After each flight, I copy the files directly to a OneDrive account with ample storage. I usually only keep the JPG, DNG, and MP4 files (I have already made the mistake of taking flight without the SD card - lol.)

I'm especially excited for the Ted Nemeth recommendation. Color Grading is something I'm really interested in. I have a display that is HDR capable (though not necessarily capable of mastering HDR content) and I would like to see what kind of a difference in output I can see vs. the standard color gamut of the Mini 4's video output.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly Safe…
Thanks! I was looking for a map or feature just like this.

Thank you for the information @smbishop. My procedure for obtaining footage is similar to yours. After each flight, I copy the files directly to a OneDrive account with ample storage. I usually only keep the JPG, DNG, and MP4 files (I have already made the mistake of taking flight without the SD card - lol.)

I'm especially excited for the Ted Nemeth recommendation. Color Grading is something I'm really interested in. I have a display that is HDR capable (though not necessarily capable of mastering HDR content) and I would like to see what kind of a difference in output I can see vs. the standard color gamut of the Mini 4's video output.

I use OneDrive extensively. What I like about an external SSD, is that you can edit photos and video directly from it without filling up your hard drive. I am pretty sure you cannot edit directly from OneDrive with photo and video software...

I use OneDrive extensively. What I like about an external SSD, is that you can edit photos and video directly from it without filling up your hard drive. I am pretty sure you cannot edit directly from OneDrive with photo and video software...
You are right. In order to manipulate any photo or video files, I would first need to have a local copy. Right now, the benefit of storing mainly on OneDrive is that I have access to all of my photos and videos from my phone so I can share with friends and family conveniently. If I were to really get into the post-processing and editing, I would definitely invest in an additional SSD.

You are right. In order to manipulate any photo or video files, I would first need to have a local copy. Right now, the benefit of storing mainly on OneDrive is that I have access to all of my photos and videos from my phone so I can share with friends and family conveniently. If I were to really get into the post-processing and editing, I would definitely invest in an additional SSD.

I'm not trying to over share, however another thing I do is use OneNote to document my drone and information that I have learned. I have photos of the receipts, serial numbers for the drone, batteries, camera, controller, etc. I save links to videos that I have watched with notes and keep a tab for all of the things I want to experiment with. I helps me to have a purpose when I go out and fly.

This is the first Ted video that I watched from a link on this site. It resonated with me because I go between wanting the latest and greatest, and understanding every possible thing about my drone and cameras, vs. just going out, using the equipment and having fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown