DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone - SIGNAL LOST after takeoff

Hi friends,
I am pleased to report that my test with the Sony XPeria phone gave positive results. I was able to take off and fly for 4 minutes with no SIGNAL LOST and IMAGE TRANSMISSION LOST conditions at all. I had problems connecting the phone to the RC but that was because I had used a charging-only cable and when I switched to a data cable, it connected immediately. So I can now be more confident about going out and spending more money on a new tablet. Just in time too as my accessories are due to arrive tomorrow.

Many thanks to Simmo for giving the tip.

To Mossiback - I have done the things you suggested before and the tablet, as I said, is only used for the drone. It doesn't even have FB on it.

Reactions: Simmo
Thankyou. I'm glad it worked out for you and I am pleased I was able to help you out in the solution. Now post some epic video or photos!

Reactions: MrsTreat
Thankyou. I'm glad it worked out for you and I am pleased I was able to help you out in the solution. Now post some epic video or photos!

Let me get more comfortable with this new drone. Like I said, I am not a newbie but not proficient enough and need more confidence because I really, really do not want to have to buy another drone for a long while. My few initial flights have shown me that I can have better and more control so I will probably be able to push the envelope further.

Let me get more comfortable with this new drone. Like I said, I am not a newbie but not proficient enough and need more confidence because I really, really do not want to have to buy another drone for a long while. My few initial flights have shown me that I can have better and more control so I will probably be able to push the envelope further.

This is how to do it. Do not copy what you see on YouTube. Get comfortably with it first.

What on Earth prompted you to actually try to fly at all after getting THIS error just seconds after starting up??

1m 11.4s Starting Motors 16satellites 0ft 0.3ft 0mph 4.1ft 60% 11.661V 3.888V 3.887V 3.886V 0.002V

Unknown error (code: 110). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support.:eek:

What on Earth prompted you to actually try to fly at all after getting THIS error just seconds after starting up??

1m 11.4s Starting Motors 16satellites 0ft 0.3ft 0mph 4.1ft 60% 11.661V 3.888V 3.887V 3.886V 0.002V

Unknown error (code: 110). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support.:eek:
The drone was nearby, within sight and appeared to still be controllable. I suspected that the RC was in communication but the signal to the tablet was cut so I felt confident to just fly around nearby in very safe conditions to get a feel of the new drone. I certainly would not have taken it higher or further and I only flew it for a few minutes. And then I repeated the exercise just to confirm and try to see just what might be causing it. The last straw was moving to a different site - and one where I have been flying the Spark with no problems - and finding the same thing happening.

Anyway, for those who still look in on this thread, the Mavic Pro is flying well now with the Huawei MediaPad M3. I get a much larger screen than the previous Samsung Galaxy Tab and everything runs smoothly, with no lag in sending commands and no image interference. But today I lost the Intelligent Flight Modes so that's something to look into.

Reactions: Simmo
Whenever I have had problems before, some people have told me that I should get an iPad and I will have no problems. But those things are not cheap and while I do want a good unit to use, I really don't feel like spending so much money. I have already bought 4 drones in 12 months which have cost me a lot! I wish DJI would offer integrated display screens with their controllers.
Walmart has I-pad mini with 128 for $299. Online only

The same thing happens fequently to my mavic. I caibrate compass and have current firmware before every flight. I am ridiculously lacking in tech skills so have very limited understanding of the other comments regarding fixing this problem.

The same thing happens fequently to my mavic. I caibrate compass and have current firmware before every flight. I am ridiculously lacking in tech skills so have very limited understanding of the other comments regarding fixing this problem.
I would suggest you consider a new tablet. See if you can borrow a friend's to test first. I am so glad I got the new tablet as it's pretty flawless now.

Turn off wifi is the most important you can leave airplane mode off if you want but wifi makes your video pixelated and lag big time

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa