DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Do not, under any circumstance update your drone using the V01.03.1000!!!!!

I just did, (never having any problems with previous upgrades), and it turned my Mavic into a paperweight. Will not connect to RC. Tried to downgrade firmware using DJI Go 4, and Assistant 2. Both failed. In fact, there was no earlier version listed on either of those. The CHAT tech was completely useless, and the language barrier was terrible. Now they want me to send them the drone and RC.

I had a perfectly good Mavic Pro before this debacle. Now, I'm droneless for weeks while it ships to CA? Why would I ever upgrade again?
Too Late! I did last night. Besides adding new NFZ's,I can't say I really see any improvment at all?

Reactions: bas4241
Its a firmware upgrade. No matter how careful you are they sometimes brick things. Happens on computers, on mobile phones, even on fridges. Ultimately nobody forced you to update and theres an argument to be made for not doing it if you have an important trip or use coming up shortly (save it until you come back).
Tens or most likely hundreds of thousands of upgrades have happened flawlessly. Yes there will always be a small number of failures but its not a big percentage. You just got unlucky. Thats not a DJI thing, its a general firmware flashing thing on any electronic device.
You're just in the very small minority that got unlucky so the "Do not under any circumstances update" post is overly dramatic. Its bricked it for a tiny number of people. Most people flashed and flew without issues.

Over dramatic. Yes. Although 90 minutes with their tech support was absolutely useless (they sent me a shipping label), I hung up and finally got it to update to.1000 with Assistant 2 after my 6th try. As for the subject of my post, the top thread was "has anyone tried the .1000 upgrade (paraphrased)" I was simply reaching out to the community to save them from what I thought was a brand new problem. I didn't take the time to read the other posts that had a successful upgrade, thinking that time was of the essence.

I probably shouldn't have jumped the gun, and overstated my case. My bad. I've deleted my original post. But, don't take these updates casually. Its not a simple database update. It reaches down deep into the operating system, and can wreck the firmware beyond their tech support's ability to fix it.

My apologies to the forum.

What kind of color profile that you use, mate? What about saturation/contrast/sharpness?

I use between d-log most times with customised style. Sometimes I use D-cinelike profile. ISO100 with <60 FPS using filters. Most times I do grading to the picture and video using a freeware and iMovie on my Macbook.

The Drone Police will be happy......can't manipulate the max altitude anymore.

I ran the update and even though the max altitude was reset, I can modify it without issues.
Did you restart?

No change at all on the "public" side, still the usual 500m.

Kilrah,

What do you mean by "public" side? I am one that would like to have a setting higher than 500m and would still maintain the USA legal 400 feet when flying near certain higher cliffs, mountains, etc.

I live on the side of a mountain range. When I fly up the mountain, I could go up 3000 ft while still maintaining 400 ft AGL (no law broken). If I fly down the mountain, then I'm just looking at houses. Up is way better.

Agree totally.

A quick shot with the new firmware, processed from the DNG with Capture One. I don't see the hot/warm/pink spot in the center.

DJI_0016 2.jpg

It bricked one of my batteries. If the update fails, which happened to me at the 67% mark, it will brick a battery. I have 2 middle lights on on one of my batters. They flash once every 15 seconds or so.

I did the upgrade a second time with my other battery, and it was fine. We have thunder storms, so I can't take it for a flight just yet, but it seems to be fine.

I tried the various solutions to un-brick this - the most successful being to try and do the update with the same battery again after having success with another battery, but I can't get the option to update again.

If I have to toss a battery out every friggin time they do an update, this will be the last update I will do.

Were we not suposed to receive some super update today that made the Mavic unstoppable.

I'm off to Staples where I bought my last battery to try and swap one out.

I'm really pissed.

Why do the updates at all once you're happy with your drone? I'm on Firmware .700, Go4 version 4.0.7, and have 5 batteries. Everything works perfect, no restrictions whatsoever, and I will never update....no reason to, and they have no way to make me. Why not just put your drone in this state and never update again?

Reactions: Robbyg and MrsTreat
I got everything working when I used my computer, home wifi and DJI Assist.

You need to do it to each battery as it updates the battery. When I start my drone to fly it wants to upgrade the airports. I decline and then I'm in the air.

Not upgrading firmware is a short term solution. You are missing new software, improvements to existing software and safety features. Look at the current Spark upgrade. Come tomorrow at midnight, Spark's won't fly until the upgrade is done.

My experienced opinion.

I have just turned my Mavic on for the first time it's to dark out for my first flight. To be honest I am a little nervous I have only flown an indoor drone before. I have tons of RC Nitro car experience, but this is not even close to being anything like that. I just checked the firmware and it came with .700 installed. After reading all the feedback of the new firmware I am going to stick with the .700 unless I am forced to upgrade.

You....have chosen wisely.....

Why is it overtime I get one of these major updates my Mavic crashes? Is that just me? Come on DJI... Is this the best you can do for your senior pilots. i did not grow up with video games etc.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. A snake is a snake. DJI is DJI. We know that now. Why update at all once you are happy with your setup? Do yourself a favor and get back to .400 or .700...

The DJI mavic Pro is probably one of the most incredible technology pieces that has ever been released! And as far as I can tell all of the firmware upgrades and everything else is aimed towards keeping it that way instead of all these people saying that they are turning it into something different! I love both of my DJI mavic Pro they have done nothing but awesome stuff for me and I love both of them and every dollar I have invested into them!

Maybe you are just too new to realize the problems some of the updates caused many members. I went through a period of not being able to fly AT ALL because DJI said I was in a NFZ when I was not. Don't be so quick to doubt that others have had significant problems just because you have had not problems in your experience with the Mavic at your location.

Since version .400 what has been improved about the the way the Mavic flies?

Rob

Exactly...almost nothing. The only (minor) things I can think of fixed wing mode, which means nothing to most, and precision landing checkbox option, again very minor. Both of these things can be had in firmware .700. Watching people rush to update when nothing is wrong (and sometimes creating restrictions or problems) is amazing!

Reactions: Forrest and Robbyg
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. A snake is a snake. DJI is DJI. We know that now. Why update at all once you are happy with your setup? Do yourself a favor and get back to .400 or .700...

Mines acting perfectly with .1000. I'm not going back. There,was no option to do so at the time I did the upgrade. I bought the Mavic the day before the upgrade.
Maybe you are just too new to realize the problems some of the updates caused many members. I went through a period of not being able to fly AT ALL because DJI said I was in a NFZ when I was not. Don't be so quick to doubt that others have had significant problems just because you have had not problems in your experience with the Mavic at your location.

Do you really mean to say you couldn't fly out your back yard,or your favourite flying place or not at all, no matter where you took your Mavic? I live near a small airport and across from a prison farm. The other day, I got to the edge of the prison farm and the Mavic stopped and asked if I had authority to fly there. I appreciated being stopped.

Kilrah,

What do you mean by "public" side? I am one that would like to have a setting higher than 500m and would still maintain the USA legal 400 feet when flying near certain higher cliffs, mountains, etc.

There exists a dark side, of which we may not speak on this forum because they are watching us....It has been referred to a couple of times on this thread if you look carefully.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead