DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware release !

Vasco

Reactions
if i have my mavic at previous version i.e. 0900, can i only update and use googles to latest version ? Googles will work? . Does anyone know?

if i have my mavic at previous version i.e. 0900, can i only update and use googles to latest version ? Googles will work? . Does anyone know?
According to DJI the update is also an update for the goggles

upload_2018-1-11_11-13-47.png

Reactions: whiskey_0307
Yupperz, they are hobbling the machine to cover themselves.
They toss out a "new feature" as "bait", but it is not worth it. "Hey, I can do rising spirals, but now I can't go as far as I did, fast as I did, and sometimes I can't even lift off, pesky NFZ's....."

.400 on AC forever......well....maybe up to .700.........

Mine is really working well on 0700 since long ago. It seems very stable, especially now that I've switched to a dedicated iPad Mini4. I have no intention of upgrading firmware unless some truly amazing feature comes out. Certainly not for a minor release like this. I have little faith in DJI's ability to produce tested, quality software or firmware. Plus, think of the time I've saved by skipping the last n updates.

i made this update and since this update i have a lot of problems with compass interference. I recalibrated the compass severel times, but each time, i set the Mavic on the ground the Handy screen shows a new recalibration message :( The only positiv thing is the fact that the DJI Assistant Software 2 (1.2.0) now save the Blackbox settings from the Mavic.

Mine is really working well on 0700 since long ago. It seems very stable, especially now that I've switched to a dedicated iPad Mini4. I have no intention of upgrading firmware unless some truly amazing feature comes out. Certainly not for a minor release like this. I have little faith in DJI's ability to produce tested, quality software or firmware. Plus, think of the time I've saved by skipping the last n updates.
I've been thinking about rolling back to 0700.

Do you need an older Go4 app to use with the older firmware?

My iPad is on 4.1.12

Any advice much appreciated

Snark: FINALLY... I've been hoping they would get around to 'optimizing' that "Start up music...."
If you've heard that MPP startup sound you'd realize that it's a bigger deal than you think.
It sounds like a broken toy from the 60's. Just awful.

I've been thinking about rolling back to 0700.

Do you need an older Go4 app to use with the older firmware?

My iPad is on 4.1.12

Any advice much appreciated

If you do, it's easy to find out there.
Google can be your friend sometimes
I would think it would not matter, as the new "flight features", aka update bait, is in the AC firmware...

I use 4.1.18 on iOS. I'm sure it will work fine with 4.1.22 but I haven't upgraded yet. Works great with fw 0700. I also use Litchi 2.1.0 (the latest).

Reactions: Callum
I upgraded my Firmware today. The update went well no issues. However when I went to fly, I was out about 100 yds, and could not go any farther. Checked all my settings, and I had no distances or beginner toggled on. I landed at my home point, and powered off and then back on and connected the app and controller to the Mavic. This time I received a Class airspace warning, and had to check it and confirm. This is normal for me at my home. I live near a National Forest. Problem is that the message displays again about every 30 seconds. I can still fly beyond 100 yds, but my fear is if I am farther out and the Mavic gets stuck and I can't fly back. Other than this major issue, no problem with lag, and the log-a video looks better on Mr Galaxy Tab A. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct the multiple warnings?

Yet another case of "I am really glad I didn't upgrade!"

I did upgrade my Spark this morning and flew it today - the new update there doesn't screw anything up.

Reactions: maven4336
Very good news video-wise with the new firmware.

With earlier releases, I was getting blank frames in my videos, just as others have reported. These frames caused the notorious 100008 error when trying to render the files in iMovie (and other) editing programs. The only solution was a tedious one--find out where the blank frames were, and edit them out.

Now, the blank frames are gone!

So my Go4 app has the “New Firmware Required” message in the upper left corner of the screen. Will that just keep showing up until I decide to update one day?

So my Go4 app has the “New Firmware Required” message in the upper left corner of the screen. Will that just keep showing up until I decide to update one day?
Yes that was why I did update. Still having to re-check and acknowledge the air space warning every 30 seconds. I'm going to try and remove the go4 app and re-install.

I updated this morning Monday Jan 15th and the first flight was ok, but my phone died due to lack of charge. Second flight a few hours later did not go well. Flying low and slow in the backyard just for capturing video for practice edits the Mavic disconnected from the controller and just hovered, lifted a little, then a little more, then moved forward a little then lifted to about 30 feet and moved slowly to the home point about 50 feet away on the other side of the yard and lowered to about 7 feet and hovered. All the while I had no control and no connection. I stood there right next to it pondering what to do. I would try the controller ever so often but nothing. Then a beep on the controller and I had connection. I landed and shut down, came in out of the cold. I have owned my Mavic since May 2017 and never had this problem before. So lucky I was close and it appears the RTH did its job.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman