DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New intro for my youtube and future Drone footage

Sorry for the confusion and I don't want to offend but I don't see where the intro stops and the video starts
Your text doesn't stay on screen long enough to read.

Reactions: Recoveryone
None taken, maybe I should have explain it more clearly. I wasn't in the mood to do a face time clip as I do more drone footage work than tech info.

I am assuming the first fews seconds "The....NEW...INTRO..." is your new intro before going into other clips. The New Intro bounces in, word by word, which is sort of clever, then segues to a circular clip of a couple on a peak looking at red rock scenery. The music track is definitely not my taste, personally. I do not like jarring, rock music under any circumstances, but as I said, it's only my taste. So far as the rest of the B roll, the views of the warehouse and trucks were sort of boring, and the view of the red domed building way under-exposed, as was the clip at the end of you taking off with the drone- extremely back lit and underexposed.

So , to answer your question- did I like the new intro??? I liked the bouncing in of , "THE". "NEW'. "INTRO", BUT NOT THE MUSIC. The music made me want to reach for the pause button and stop the misery.

Thanks for the input Dale, The format of the clip is as this
1.Beginning is a pre view (first 10 secs)
2. Is the intro of my company (12 secs) Recoveryone Drone
3. would be the main body (b roll or main subject)
4. is a repeat of the intro (12 secs branding)

Your about 20 years my senior, but most of my clients are younger than me. Music plays a few parts 1. can drive the video 2. add emotion 3. needs to be revelant to the customer. I used 3 genre's of music in the clip 1. B roll, Rap (attention getter) 2. Jazz/blues (intro clip) 2. B roll,Jazz piano (main body) 3. B roll, Rock (main body) 4. Jazz/blues (ending intro clip)

I will do a regular clip in this format and you will see how many Youtube and advertisements follow this format.
again thanks for the input

Up front I am no way a great (for that matter even a good) film editor or a producer of outstanding video but like @Dale D I did not care for the intro music.
I had started to watch it in the CommercialDronePilot forum but clicked out of it for a number or reasons.
1. The music choice
2. At the :12 second point with the color inverse I couldn't read the word drone
3. At the :29 second point, with the current situation in the world, IMHO I don't know if people would want to be reminded of it seeing the person with the mask.

I make these comments based on my personal feelings. Member's ideas and suggestions, by like @Dale D and others that produce great videos, should help you achieve the results you desire.

Up front I am no way a great (for that matter even a good) film editor or a producer of outstanding video but like @Dale D I did not care for the intro music.
I had started to watch it in the CommercialDronePilot forum but clicked out of it for a number or reasons.
1. The music choice
2. At the :12 second point with the color inverse I couldn't read the word drone
3. At the :29 second point, with the current situation in the world, IMHO I don't know if people would want to be reminded of it seeing the person with the mask.

I make these comments based on my personal feelings. Member's ideas and suggestions, by like @Dale D and others that produce great videos, should help you achieve the results you desire.
Your first comment was helpful and I may change the inverse color. Your second comment had nothing to do with the intro, the intro is 12 secs long, you see it twice at the 10 sec mark and at the end of the clip all the rest is just filler (b roll) to simulate the format of a full clip it has nothing to do with the intro.

Lets break down a few well known commercials

Allstate 1. starts off with some type of roadside issue (attention getter), then walks in the spokes person Saying "Allstate insurance" (intro), Continues to talk about the product (mainbody) Commericials ends with Allstate logo (Branding)

Medicine 1. Starts off with someone complaining of something (attention getter) Voice over or spokes person introduces product (intro) Continues on how it will help (mainbody) repeats the name of the product while low voice gives you the side effects (Branding).

Last edited:
Your first comment was helpful and I may change the inverse color. Your second comment had nothing to do with the intro, the intro is 12 secs long, you see it twice at the 15 sec mark and at the end of the clip all the rest is just filler (b roll) to simulate the format of a full clip it has nothing to do with the intro.

Lets break down a few well known commercials

Allstate 1. starts off with some type of roadside issue (attention getter), then walks in the spokes person Saying "Allstate insurance" (intro), Continues to talk about the product (mainbody) Commericials ends with Allstate logo (Branding)

Medicine 1. Starts off with someone complaining of something (attention getter) Voice over or spokes person introduces product (intro) Continues on how it will help (mainbody) repeats the name of the product while low voice gives you the side effects (Branding).
Hopefully I expressed my self clearly and please don't take my comments wrong but;

1. Just for clarification, the first 10 seconds is just to let the viewers on the forums know it is going to be a new intro ?
It is the music within that period that I was referring to.

2. My second comment was about the inverse colors

3. The section from :10 seconds thru :20 seconds is the new intro ?

4. From :20 seconds to :35 seconds is B roll ?

5. :36 seconds to 1:36 is an example of services offered ?

6. 1:36 to 1:48 is more B roll ?

7. 1:49 to end is your exit shot ?

Trust me reviewing your video and the comments you receive helps me learn. As stated in my first post I am not that good yet at shooting and editing videos. Still very much of a leaning process.

Hopefully I expressed my self clearly and please don't take my comments wrong but;

1. Just for clarification, the first 10 seconds is just to let the viewers on the forums know it is going to be a new intro ?
It is the music within that period that I was referring to.

2. My second comment was about the inverse colors

3. The section from :10 seconds thru :20 seconds is the new intro ?

4. From :20 seconds to :35 seconds is B roll ?

5. :36 seconds to 1:36 is an example of services offered ?

6. 1:36 to 1:48 is more B roll ?

7. 1:49 to end is your exit shot ?

Trust me reviewing your video and the comments you receive helps me learn. As stated in my first post I am not that good yet at shooting and editing videos. Still very much of a leaning process.

The new intro starts at the 10 sec mark and again at the end of the video (branding)
I started to just post the 12 sec intro, but I thought is would be helpful to have it within a simulated full clip of something I would normally post. This is not a promo video, just a segment of what will be apart of my future videos. Lets take a Ken Heron youtube clip, he does a pre-view of what it is, then his intro of his brand (bird camera), then the mainbody of the clip and his classic ending of bu bye with the branding logo (bird camera)
I learn about this classic style in college back in 81 and learned the details of it at Public access Tv class in the 90's. Not that I know it all, but I'm a bit surprised that some of you have not or not aware of this concept. If you don't do promo work or youtube/FB/IG or any other social media content I get it.
I do appreciate the comments as it makes me think on what I want to achieve.

Maybe another clip with the intro clearly being a stand alone part will give it more of a focus point.

Last edited:
@Recoveryone
I fully understand how you set the video up. When I do a video I have a set intro clip and closing clip (branding) and I use those same clips for every video. Instead of short pre-view I use a thumbnail as the pre-view of what the video will be about..

From forums like this we all have the opportunity to learn and improve and thanks for taking the time to explain.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard