DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro - A2CofC tomorrow online not sure what to expect....

welcome to the forum ,
good luck you will be fine ,its not as daunting as you may think it is going to be,take your time think about the question ,and relax ,its mostly common sense just do the mock test again this evening ,and have one last look at anything your not quite sure of ,a couple of hours before your test is due

A2CofC tomorrow online,:oops: not sure what to expect....
Welcome to the forum! We’ll virtually celebrate with you tomorrow. Have fun flying when you’re ready!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum ? :D & good luck!
Thanks.....for the encouragement. It is now the 25th February 2021, I have just taken the A2CofC exam, I was tempted to bottle out; however, overcame those dark thoughts - my biggest problem was signing into the ProctorU website, (Proctoru.com) they were administering my exam and the glitch perhaps was a one off gremlin this time around - It was not plain sailing or a freeflight to choose an analogy... It took a good 20 minutes to sort out the start of the exam and I went through two online 'help individuals', mainly due to me being cut-off or cutting myself off swapping from one computer screen to another, (it was hopeless with some online keyboard jockies even the mechanical robot needed a lesson in the English language before eventually getting tired of me and then passing me off onto a live person) and one can only assume with a prod that they were alive.... OK! The last one did get the process moving again, by taking over my computer, in the back of my mind I was asking. " what and where is she going with this....China?" (Perhaps the excuse is that this system is in it's infancy....but one doubts it?)
I did all the equipment checks and also had the countdown timer running down to zero before moving to the next phase of the pressing of the blue button to start the exam session. It was not a confidence booster by any means or the best of times for second guessing myself on my abilities with computers at this point in time. I did trace everything I had done leading up to this point as to meeting the requirements to sign in and to do the exam! Talk about potential stress....!
Even though by now, twenty minutes on, before managing to continue with the start of the the exam, the 'Proctor as they are known, ' assured me there was no problem in seeking the full time allocation of the 75 minutes allocation slot, a small reassurance.... the 75 minutes, this is very generous considering the eventual ease of the test questions and were not as bad as I was expecting considering the self-punishment of anguish! There were some questions one needed to read twice and in my case three to four times; just to not to second guess myself, that ended up second guessing myself. It was the way the questions were constructed, a boobytrap waiting for the unexpected! I was up to my neck in it anyway and to cut a long story short, it was best to just plod on. It is really down to common sense at the end of the day and by reading the question in it's entirety, or thouroughly, not scanning; is very important. I did pass with 83%, I could have done better, (but that is only down to my pride more than anything else), a pass is a pass and is the best way to look at it...
For those of us that are showing grey, with memory like sives, when one last sat an exam at the beginning of creation, it does play a big part part in familiarising to todays learning styles and techniques. This does have an effect on at least two thirds of the population it seems, so we are all in good company.

I found it was important to find as many mock exam questions as possible and to focus on the phrasining of the question so; for the next time, one needs to sit an exam, one is a little more prepared to the level one is working at and can build up the knowledge via repetition and of course build on the, experience.
In addition to the exam questions via the mock or quiz and looking at some of the latest videos online, the scanning of technical notes throughout the course helped. By looking at some of these questions, one could get the feel for the type of questions that would be asked.
In aditition to the theory there is also the practical aspects or, the practice flights of at least two hours, this does need to be shown and indicated within the 'flight logs', (templates are useful via your training provider) this does need to be submitted before the exam, ( the self-declaration also needs to be signed to declare that the logs are legit... normally one is supervised during this process, this has changed due to covid. However! This element concerning flight logs, I have recently been informed, via a recent video has been taken out of the equation for A2CofC - not sure if there is any truth in this and one does need to check this, as the rules aare changing almost daily. as some training centres are giving the impression or indication that they still want to see them.... (that is not a bad thing from my point of view, especially if you are working towards the commercial aspects of making this a profession).
The types of questions? You ask!... Very much like the test we did for the operator/Flier ID, this was my impression at least..... (as the questions do change via a conveyorbelt cycle for each individual that applies for the exam) Hence, the anticipation....and anxiety for many of us.
There are 30 muliple questions, for me there was not too much of an emphasis on the aircraft categories, (relief, again in my case, most likely due to the fact that there are no drones available within the new categories, as the the manufacturers as I speak, have not produced them yet, so how can we be tested on something that hasn't come into fruition yet? A possiblity perhaps. This could and no doubt change soon mid to later 2021, so it is best to try and be prepared... (I may have just been lucky on this particular day). One may want to check out to whom we have to report accidents to, even though I had this, doubt was placed into my mind and was down to the way the question was phrased, so be careful. Even though one has answered the question confidently many times before in the mock or practice questions, those that design the question papers, can only be born bureaucrats with a mindset miles away from the majority of the population, a skill in it's own right! A phrase used, injecting doubt to one's common sense instincts, (now where have we seen that before - politics does spring to mind?) placing doubt on the answer even though you know it within one's subconsciousness. Personally I don't like exams for this reason , even though I have many qualifications to my name, so, I am putting it down to age; that is, from the age of 11 to 100+ (I have been here awhile...) and this does cover most of us, with the addition of most of us, likely being burnt-out to add to the pot, exams just don't work in my favour or so I have become to believe as exams does bring the shutter down and leave a brain in darkness and in a paralysed state. By working out Mock questions can awaken the brain, familiarise to the style of questioning, (not many A2CofC questions are available if one is looking to take the A2cofc) one does need to ask the question why this is the case? One can find questions generally on previous topics useful in terms of the terminology and how it has been phrased; by just combining the DMARES with whatever is available for the A2CofC (video mocks could be a source) and not forgetting the quiz at the end of each of the modules can only aid one further, positively. One does not have to be a pilot of a boeing 777, (wrong choice of analogy, or too soon?....ok) or rocket scientist to get through this; as long as one attempts to keep reading over the categories or topics covered, such as law, weather etc. Take a deep breath, look at the questions, read it all and everything will fall into place, you should be OK. Remember the exam should only reflect what the course material discusses and should fulfil the exam requirements - If I can do it, then believe me, you can do it too....
The best of luck

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun