DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro Quick Flight

That video.. is... well.. not good. To be fair, that's a really awful scenario for any camera.

it may also be the settings, maybe this was shot in auto

i took night videos which look a lil better , even on gloomy day

Actually, I’m quite impressed with how well the camera handled the challenges of low light and extreme contrast.
Impressed at the Histogram being autoadjusted - …
But shocking clarity - … No detail etc

Do you recall the settings you used for the video?

Do you recall the settings you used for the video?

Hey, you have to remember that the video was right out of the box. I didn’t mess with ANY settings and it was an extream setting. I didnt even look at the setting and it very well could have been the lowest resolution. I am going to send it up again before work to see what we get..Post back soon..

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
The video looks like a metric ton of noise reduction dialled in

Hey, you have to remember that the video was right out of the box. I didn’t mess with ANY settings and it was an extream setting. I didnt even look at the setting and it very well could have been the lowest resolution. I am going to send it up again before work to see what we get..Post back soon..
Great!

For everyone that is being so critical, where's your video?

Can't anyone just have a minute to get used to this brand new bird without being jumped on by people that live to pee on their joy of having received it and flying it for the first few times????

LIGHTEN UP ON PEOPLE OR FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TROLL.

I actually expect better from drone pilots.

Last edited:
The video looks like a metric ton of noise reduction dialled in

I am the first to admit its not the best and I wanted to shoot it right out of the box. However, There is not a ton of noise in this video which makes me think your not viewing it in 4k. Check your settings..

I am the first to admit its not the best and I wanted to shoot it right out of the box. However, There is not a ton of noise in this video which makes me think your not viewing it in 4k. Check your settings..

Correct, there isn't a ton of noise in it - the image is extremely soft which leads me to believe noise reduction has been active very aggressively.

I can only view in 1080 but it looks to be very "smooth" and like a NR algorithm working overtime.

For everything that is being so critical, where's your video?

Can't anyone just have a minute to get used to this brand new bird without being jumped on by people that live to pee on their joy of having received it and flying it for the first few times????

Thanks for looking out but I am a big boy. I wasnt really trying to “show it off”. It was more of a here what you get 30 min after opening the box. The reality is that its just good as My P4P and thats not bad.

Thanks for looking out but I am a big boy. I wasnt really trying to “show it off”. It was more of a here what you get 30 min after opening the box. The reality is that its just good as My P4P and thats not bad.
Roger that. :)

My wife and I thought it looked great and appreciated your posting it.

Our M2P should be here on the 30th, so I'm closely watching the groups and YouTube for footage to help keep from going into DTs. LOL

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
For everyone that is being so critical, where's your video?

So you don't think people anxious to actually see if the drone is any good or not are allowed to ask? Would you rather they lie and go "oww nice. lovely" even if its not?
You don't seem to understand what trolling actually is.

If someone puts a video for people to see then if course people are going to analyse that video. At the moment there is little or no data around to see if the drone is any good or not.

Thanks for posting these out of the box videos of your maiden flight. Obviously nothing was optimized from settings to scenery, so the criticism is really not justified- I appreciate you "putting it out there" for us to see. I'm going to try my maiden flight tonight and won't be posting anything :p

Nervous about night flight- tried it once with my Mavic Pro Platinum and it about crash landed... looking forward to the new lighting and sensors making it a reliable thing to do!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deek7623