DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Combo Owner

Welcome to the Forum, Mauro!

I am fairly new to the drone world like you. Just got my MP this past July and still have a lot to learn. I first adventure with the MP was in Cancun, Mexico only a few days after it arrived at my front door. I wanted to video lots of ocean shots but decided to play it safe so I only recorded shorter clips and stayed very close to shore (always in LOS). I only had about 2 - 3 hours of flight time prior to the trip. Perhaps when I have more experience, I will fly greater distances and longer flight times.

Like other members have suggested, play it safe first. Take time and go through the manual (yes, most men like me hesitate to do so). The alternative is to watch YouTube videos where you find a wealth of information and advice.

Find an open area and fly your drone at a safe speed and always keep it in view. Get to know your remote control and all its functions and shortcuts (I am still learning it). Learn how to adjust flight patterns. The MP is an expensive toy so you may want to (1) keep it for a while, and (2) keep the general public safe. A few non-drone owners think that they are a nuisance if you decide to fly in a more populated location. Respecting that mentality is safer than ignoring it.

Once last suggestion is to get a PAP (Personal Articles Policy) from State Farm insurance ($60/year). Just in case you lose the drone or damage it due to crashes, they will replace it.

Have fun and fly safely!

Reactions: larsz
Welcome to the Forum, Mauro!

I am fairly new to the drone world like you. Just got my MP this past July and still have a lot to learn. I first adventure with the MP was in Cancun, Mexico only a few days after it arrived at my front door. I wanted to video lots of ocean shots but decided to play it safe so I only recorded shorter clips and stayed very close to shore (always in LOS). I only had about 2 - 3 hours of flight time prior to the trip. Perhaps when I have more experience, I will fly greater distances and longer flight times.

Like other members have suggested, play it safe first. Take time and go through the manual (yes, most men like me hesitate to do so). The alternative is to watch YouTube videos where you find a wealth of information and advice.

Find an open area and fly your drone at a safe speed and always keep it in view. Get to know your remote control and all its functions and shortcuts (I am still learning it). Learn how to adjust flight patterns. The MP is an expensive toy so you may want to (1) keep it for a while, and (2) keep the general public safe. A few non-drone owners think that they are a nuisance if you decide to fly in a more populated location. Respecting that mentality is safer than ignoring it.

Once last suggestion is to get a PAP (Personal Articles Policy) from State Farm insurance ($60/year). Just in case you lose the drone or damage it due to crashes, they will replace it.

Have fun and fly safely!

thank you, I watch every day, all youtube videos, read the manual, look forward to my Mavic delivery, I'm ready, thanks to my friends. Mauro

Good evening, my name is Mauro of Newport Beach, I'm deaf, I have cochlear implant, I live only 4 years in Newport Beach, I speak little English because I became deaf 2 years ago. I bought the new Mavic Pro Platinum combo, and three accessories, I had it in pre-order, should arrive at the end of September, maximum October 15, I do not have drone experience, and my first drone, I would like to know friends here so help me in my first flight to see the sharks, or a place where you can fly. When my mavic comes, I write on my post. Thank you Friends, my name Mauro.Thumbswayup
Hi and welcome to the forum ! I am also a first time Mavic pilot here, and hopefully Platinum owner soon too, after my pre-ordered drone ships !

Good evening, my name is Mauro of Newport Beach, I'm deaf, I have cochlear implant, I live only 4 years in Newport Beach, I speak little English because I became deaf 2 years ago. I bought the new Mavic Pro Platinum combo, and three accessories, I had it in pre-order, should arrive at the end of September, maximum October 15, I do not have drone experience, and my first drone, I would like to know friends here so help me in my first flight to see the sharks, or a place where you can fly. When my mavic comes, I write on my post. Thank you Friends, my name Mauro.Thumbswayup
You'll get a lot of help here, people are generally friendly.
IMO The most important thing to do as a beginner is to stay above 100' (or the highest object around your area). Most accidents by newbies are caused by running into something like trees or their branches which are hard to see. Don't depend on the obstacle avoidance sensors to keep you away from colliding with something because they don't work if you fly backwards or sideways and can't always see small branches. Just keep saying in your head, altitude, altitude, altitude and you should be safer until you get more experience..

You'll get a lot of help here, people are generally friendly.
IMO The most important thing to do as a beginner is to stay above 100' (or the highest object around your area). Most accidents by newbies are caused by running into something like trees or their branches which are hard to see. Don't depend on the obstacle avoidance sensors to keep you away from colliding with something because they don't work if you fly backwards or sideways and can't always see small branches. Just keep saying in your head, altitude, altitude, altitude and you should be safer until you get more experience..

thank you very much, my friend, I will be very carefulThumbswayup

My offer at the beginning of the thread stands. If you want someone around for the first flight. Let me know. We are only a few blocks from each other.

Reactions: Aerial West
Welcome, I would definitely take MKDIVE up on his offer. Having someone with experience show you how to calibrate the Compass the IMU and check your initial setting for RTH and general camera setup would be great. I know I sure would have benefited from that.
What device are you going to use? Apple vs Android, phone vs tablet there are a few difference you should read up on depending on your device.
I would also be interested to hear how much quieter the Platinum is relative to the Regular Pro, a side by side comparison. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

Reactions: mkdive
Welcome, I would definitely take MKDIVE up on his offer. Having someone with experience show you how to calibrate the Compass the IMU and check your initial setting for RTH and general camera setup would be great. I know I sure would have benefited from that.
What device are you going to use? Apple vs Android, phone vs tablet there are a few difference you should read up on depending on your device.
I would also be interested to hear how much quieter the Platinum is relative to the Regular Pro, a side by side comparison. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

thank you, I have Iphone 7 plus, when my drone arrives, I buy the DJI CrystalSky Monitor, 5.5 "High Brightness and the DJI Mavic CrystalSky Mount Bracket accessory Evolution3D, I've seen great videos on Youtube.Thumbswayup

Reactions: mkdive
So after having a chat with the DJI representative today they have confirmed a change in the shipping date for the MPP, they did not provide a specific date again just revised by stating "it will be shipped on or before the second week of October" Initially I was told October 24th would be when it will be shipped. So some good news there hopefully we might not have to wait until mid-late October after all.

So after having a chat with the DJI representative today they have confirmed a change in the shipping date for the MPP, they did not provide a specific date again just revised by stating "it will be shipped on or before the second week of October" Initially I was told October 24th would be when it will be shipped. So some good news there hopefully we might not have to wait until mid-late October after all.

thank's my friend:)Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki