DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic white Alpine vs Platinum

PaulArcher

Reactions
Hey guys,

The new snow-colored Mavic is available for ordering. I don't find it especially exciting, but I must say it's the best package you can get a mavic with.

It comes with 3 batteries in the pack and at a price lower than the standard Platinum.
Here's my overview on which one is best to buy: Mavic Alpine vs Platinum

This new drone doesn't have the silence props, but you can always pay 10$ to get some.

Would you recommend this new package to your friend?dji-mavic-alpine-white-vs-platinum---which-is-best.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know. If it's truly a limited edition, will there be replacement parts available for a while? Also, how much are the white batteries by themselves?

Reactions: Former Member
I want the white props think it'll look good on original
It looks like in the picture above the white props are of the original design. I would think that a "new" Mavic would have the new props.

Still using old props so that wouldnt bother me + read that mavic doesn't fully fold with new props, arm 2mm off with pressure on the props

Reactions: phoenix3
I guess one could get the silent propellers and put them one when the need for stealth arises

Reactions: tstillman
If you fold it right, with the props in the right position, it folds just fine.
What's the proper way to fold it? I have to take my rear props whenever I put my Mavic back in its hard case.

O.P. FYI. As far as the white models props: it will cost $20 to upgrade to the newer quieter props not $10. It's $10 for 2 props not 4 props. And the Mavic Pro Fly more package is still cheaper ,you get 3 batteries in that package as well. ONE battery comes with the Drone so you get a total of 3 with either version in the fly more Package. Just want to clear all that up for you. I believe DJI is trying to sell the rest of the Mavic Pros that are in stock as,I believe in time that model will be no longer available. They have moved on to the Platinum version with the better ESCs and cooler paint job. Just my opinion .

O.P. FYI. As far as the white models props: it will cost $20 to upgrade to the newer quieter props not $10. It's $10 for 2 props not 4 props. And the Mavic Pro Fly more package is still cheaper ,you get 3 batteries in that package as well. ONE battery comes with the Drone so you get a total of 3 with either version in the fly more Package. Just want to clear all that up for you. I believe DJI is trying to sell the rest of the Mavic Pros that are in stock as,I believe in time that model will be no longer available. They have moved on to the Platinum version with the better ESCs and cooler paint job. Just my opinion .
The Mavic Fly more combo is $1300 and the new White Mavic is $1050, so there's quite a big price difference, isn't it?

What's the proper way to fold it? I have to take my rear props whenever I put my Mavic back in its hard case.

First fold in the rear arms, then fold in the forward arms, and viceversa if folding it open.
Always did like this, never had an issue, and this is with props on and using the combo bag

Last edited:
Still using old props so that wouldnt bother me + read that mavic doesn't fully fold with new props, arm 2mm off with pressure on the props
I have the new props on mine. On the top, they barely touch the battery and it doesn't seem to be putting any pressure on the props. On the bottom, they touch the rear landing gear but do not keep it from folding in any.
Here's the bottom line, I put the old props back on and they do EXACTLY the same thing. So at least on my Mavic, everything folds up the same with either set of props.

The rear propellers need to be turned in a little more than the standard props do:

808fda91c952f8f656cb076e26232343.jpg

Reactions: Hotelone
And the Mavic Pro Fly more package is still cheaper ,you get 3 batteries in that package as well. ONE battery comes with the Drone so you get a total of 3 with either version in the fly more Package.
The Flymore combo is a waste of $300 IMO. The extra batteries are the only thing really worthwhile. There are better options for the other accessories from third-party sellers for less money.

The included bag isn't great and looks like a purse. The DJI hub charges the batteries sequentially instead of simultaneously. And do you really need a dongle to turn your Mavic batteries into a powerbank? You'd be better off using that $300 premium to buy two batteries, then the accessories you really need ala carte. And you'll still come out cheaper.

The white Mavic is a better deal. For $50 extra you get two batteries and five pairs of props (those total $228 bought separately).

Reactions: Fried Toast
The Flymore combo is a waste of $300 IMO.

I agree, if it's $300 extra; I bought mine on Amazon for only ~$140 extra, which is less than 2 batteries alone. But the practical value of the included items other than batteries is low, indeed: the hub is junk, not only slow, but the stupid star design requires flat&steady surface, which is not always available on the go; the car charger does't work unless the engine is running; there are much better cases out there; extra props are not the quiet ones; etc.

Reactions: Mr. Salty

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905