DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Montana

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: MtRoxx
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: MtRoxx
Hey Montana! You have a great place to fly out there ... my son lives in Hamilton and I’ve visited him a few times... beautiful place!!
I’ll be looking for your first pics !

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I have the mavic2 Pro ...
I was surprisingly pretty confident after watching many many you tube videos ... my first flight was about 15 minutes total with me going under 100ft, 50 yards away and just getting the feel of it ... and of course I had to try the RTH button [emoji41].... I’m finding it very easy to fly !!! What drone do you have?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
I'm looking forward to some videos of the mountain lakes/water falls we hike to. :) I'm looking forward to seeing yours too. Where can I see them?

I have the mavic2 Pro ...
I was surprisingly pretty confident after watching many many you tube videos ... my first flight was about 15 minutes total with me going under 100ft, 50 yards away and just getting the feel of it ... and of course I had to try the RTH button [emoji41].... I’m finding it very easy to fly !!! What drone do you have?
Mavic 2 Pro I calibrated it, but I believe I should do a better job. We also have snow/rain today so I'm not in a rush. I have mine set at beginner and 30 feet max. I also have a large field, so I should be good. I think.... lol

Hey Montana! You have a great place to fly out there ... my son lives in Hamilton and I’ve visited him a few times... beautiful place!!
I’ll be looking for your first pics !
I've been watching the Stevensville webcam on Facebook. They have lots of snow down there yet! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

I'm just above Missoula. Finally have everything calibrated and waiting for a snow squall to pass so I can try a 3 feet hover. How did your first flight go?

Mine was a basic hover and testing all the features, then I shot it up to 400 feet :) - I went through all 3 of my batteries on the first flight...... I had been researching for months and watching the "how to's'" and guide videos on Youtube.

I just took it out to the mountains a couple weeks ago near Showdown ski area (where there isn't an absurd amount of NFZ's) and took it for a real spin. Won't say how high I went but I got some amazing shots.

@MtRoxx

Example shots from the Showdown area (1 hour SE of Great Falls) - my wife snapped the pic of me and the drone

Attachments

• IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Captain Lou
I can't wait to get my drone back to Montana where I was born and raised and capture some footage in places that are near and dear to my heart. I live over the hill from Missoula in northcentral Idaho where there's plenty of good flying and filming opportunities! We should try for a fly-in some day later this summer or fall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh