DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from South West Scotland

Jw89

Reactions
Afternoon all, recently (friday!) bought a Mavic Air 2. Mostly for my own footage as I run a small pottery studio and want to take tasty promo footage of pots in hills or on the beach. As far as I can work out the a3 classification will be fine for me as I'm out in the country, so happy with this even if it becomes a legacy drone. My main concern at the moment is the DJI Fly app. I've read a lot of bad reviews on Google Play, and a lot of comments saying the newest update on the DJI website can be suspect. Any advice? Is the app that bad? Is the newest update a problem? Just about to start prepping to get the Operator and Flyer licenses, here's to success! Cheers all, Josh

Hi Ceramicsbyjoshuawilliams Welcome to Mavic Pilots.

I can’t comment on the fly app, I use Go4 but I can offer some new flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual
Download Air 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah I'll be doing a lot of easy slow flying till I get the hang of it. Whats the consensus on any of the apps for use with the Mavic Air 2? I'm happy to try a few out and pay if need be to avoid needless crashing/much frustration! None of the DJI apps have good reviews on Play but that could easily be from people who don't really know what they are doing.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Ceramicsbyjoshuawilliams.

I can see your videos now in my mind of your pottery works in remote locations with all kinds of shots at different angles.

I haven't flown for a while due to the weather so I can't comment on the Fly app. It worked fine the last time I flew.

Good luck on your ventures and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I've read a lot of bad reviews on Google Play, and a lot of comments saying the newest update on the DJI website can be suspect. Any advice?
Ignore the comments. It's an excellent app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard