DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 owner from MP

I’ve not tested the range on mine yet but will do at some point later this week and report back.

it’s worth noting that I have read a comment on a YT video of someone deleting the dji fly app and reinstalling it and it fixes the weak signal issue. If a CAA flyer could test that before I do and confirm to us worried Mini 2 folk I’d appreciate it. Thanks. :)
Thanks for that info adam3112.

Reactions: adam3112
Right, I've done another test and I can confirm it's falling short by about 300/400m compared to MP1. However, this is only one signal condition so it might be if I take it to other places that I get the same or better. It's too early to tell but I'm not impressed signal wise. It's annoying as the rest of the drone is a definite upgrade.

Right, I've done another test and I can confirm it's falling short by about 300/400m compared to MP1. However, this is only one signal condition so it might be if I take it to other places that I get the same or better. It's too early to tell but I'm not impressed signal wise. It's annoying as the rest of the drone is a definite upgrade.
Did you try deleting and reinstalling the dji fly app before the flight?

Reactions: Yogi053
Feeling exactly as you are. I need to carry out some tests myself. Will take both drones out when the weather is better.

Something's definitely amiss -- I'm getting excellent range with both my MA2 and MM2 (both Occusync 2.0). Went 2 miles out (3.2km) with each of them over ordinary urban territory here in the Santa Cruz, CA area, with a rock-solid video signal and control. Got chicken, and came back.

I may try going to the battery RTH limit tomorrow after scoping out 3 or so emergency landing spots on the way back.

Something's definitely amiss -- I'm getting excellent range with both my MA2 and MM2 (both Occusync 2.0). Went 2 miles out (3.2km) with each of them over ordinary urban territory here in the Santa Cruz, CA area, with a rock-solid video signal and control. Got chicken, and came back.

I may try going to the battery RTH limit tomorrow after scoping out 3 or so emergency landing spots on the way back.

I dont think the issue is affecting fcc flyers, only us here on the inferior european CE transmission regs. We get less range generally but should be getting alot more than 600 meters.

Reactions: Youser
Tested the range in a semi-rural area today and could only fly out 500m away before it lost connection. The signal kept cutting out flying it back too. Thought I’d lost it at 1 point. I do hope DJI sort this out soon.

Tested the range in a semi-rural area today and could only fly out 500m away before it lost connection. The signal kept cutting out flying it back too. Thought I’d lost it at 1 point. I do hope DJI sort this out soon.
Can they sort it out though? Or is this what Occusync delivers on the M2?
Did you have a Mavic Mini by any chance? Wanted to know how far you got on that in the same area.

Can they sort it out though? Or is this what Occusync delivers on the M2?
Did you have a Mavic Mini by any chance? Wanted to know how far you got on that in the same area.
Never owned the Mavic Mini so can’t comment on that.

However, from watching drone flyers on youtube, the Occusync 2 on the Mini 2 works well for FCC flyers where they are getting ranges of what is expected on the Mavic 2 Pro for example and I have also seen people flying in CE (strangely) achieving miles of distance with it so I don’t think it’s limitations of the craft. I’ll post the examples of what I’m talking about when I get home from work.

Reactions: Youser
I dont think the issue is affecting fcc flyers, only us here on the inferior european CE transmission regs. We get less range generally but should be getting alot more than 600 meters.
My apologies, I was being arrogantly parochial.

Yes indeed, Virginia, there are other Human Beings outside the US ? ?

Never owned the Mavic Mini so can’t comment on that.

However, from watching drone flyers on youtube, the Occusync 2 on the Mini 2 works well for FCC flyers where they are getting ranges of what is expected on the Mavic 2 Pro for example and I have also seen people flying in CE (strangely) achieving miles of distance with it so I don’t think it’s limitations of the craft. I’ll post the examples of what I’m talking about when I get home from work.
Hope you’re right and this can be tweaked with FW updates. I’ve seen CE models to miles but it was out in the open.

I’m waiting for better weather so I can test my mates Mini with the M2 and MP1.

Here are a couple of examples of long range tests in CE:

No idea how this is being achieved.

I looked at some of the latest reviews of the DJI fly app on the IOS store and there are complaints of reduced range, amongst other issues on the latest version so I do still think this is software related.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki