DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini

New Mini owner here from L.A. Just got back from my first (relatively) successful flight. Never did any droning in the past so I'm totally green and frankly I was nervous as F watching it get farther away from me. Practice practice practice!

Welcome! i got my mini back in Dec and have graduated up to a air 2 with it (mini is great its as gateway drone!)... Practice, knowing the rules, watching out for power lines, and this place will do you well in your future flights!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. One thing to keep in mind: the Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't buck the wind as well as the beefier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world--including many in the LA area--who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy city. You certainly can learn a lot here, I like to visit this site every couple of days, to see what is happening. Was reading about a new MM owner lost his drone because of Magnetic Interference,, where the pilot powered up the aircraft in a location with Magnetic Interference with the IMU heading being initialized incorrectly.
Which resulted in a uncontrolled flight. After reviewing his flight logs, it turned out to be a compass error. I asked the question, How do other pilots prevent that from happening. Been flying over 3 years, still learning. So, good to read your manual, RTH info, Find my drone info. Emergency info. MM drone is the best of its size on the market, but still requires a lot of knowledge to keep flying it. Fly Safe and have fun. And, from what I understand, DJI does not have a answer to my question in the instruction manual.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Practice is the key and I recommend flying short distances within looking atthe screen.
I spent a lot of time on a baseball field learning the controls and then exercised the Quick Shots, using the pitchers mound as the target. Happy flying!

New Mini owner here from L.A. Just got back from my first (relatively) successful flight. Never did any droning in the past so I'm totally green and frankly I was nervous as F watching it get farther away from me. Practice practice practice!
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot