DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM pilot in Barcelona

BCN Pilot

Reactions
Hi all, I just flew my Mini for the first time today, over the Besòs River at the northern edge of Barcelona. What a thrill to get that perspective again! I had flown a Cessna 172SP a decade ago in North Carolina, but this is my first drone. I'm really looking forward to reading about what different ideas y'all have for interesting flights. I'm going to have to be really careful as Spain's rules (perhaps the entire EU's rules) just changed in July, but no one seems to have teased out how those changes will affect us yet. For now, I'll just worry about keeping the shiny side up, and avoiding the trees (and the dogs!). :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Bienvenido a nuestro foro, de Hauptmann en Texas, EE. UU.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (links below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. You might also consider hacking FAA mode. This will give you greater range and signal strength, and help prevent loss of connectivity.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world--including many in Spain--who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

¡Me alegra que te hayas unido a nosotros!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_ES.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.
Thank you! I look forward to browsing these pages... there's always something new to learn!

Bienvenido a nuestro foro, de Hauptmann en Texas, EE. UU.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (links below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. You might also consider hacking FAA mode. This will give you greater range and signal strength, and help prevent loss of connectivity.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world--including many in Spain--who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

¡Me alegra que te hayas unido a nosotros!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_ES.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
Thank you! This looks like some really good-to-know information. I don't know what you mean by "hacking FAA mode" though...

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here. We look forward to your contribution and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez