DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Novice in Utah

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

The Mini doesn't handle wind as well as beefier drones. Be careful flying in wind. Many of us have lost our Minis due to high winds. Read the manual, and practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your Mini, and you will lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. A lot of our members have trouble with it.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!
you will lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.
I agree with Hauptmann, but I'd like to qualify that (for new members) by saying that "losing" a drone doesn't mean the drone is LOST. It means (as Hauptmann says) that you then need to go FIND the drone. Doing it as an exercise, before you actually lose your drone, will take some of the stress out of it when the real thing happens. Thanks Haup.
BTW, I'll also agree with Motorcycle Rider:
You made a great choice when you ordered the Mini!
Happy flying

Thanks for the warm welcome. Drone came yesterday. took some simple flights in the yard. I have 3/4 acre but plenty of trees and powers lines close. I have used small non GPS drones for fun and this is so much nicer. I was concerned about powers lines and trees and still am if I did a RTH to my deck but I think if go out back more that would be ok. However I had no issues whatsoever with avoiding trees and lines. even made a box around the flagpole a few times. My friend kept saying it was above the tree at 50 ft which I disagreed so I proved it by getting close enough to move the leaves with the drone at 60 ft. I was very pleased. Used a rocket quickshot but was afraid to do any of the others with so many obstacles around.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Drone came yesterday.
...Used a rocket quickshot but was afraid to do any of the others with so many obstacles around.
Hi Quarath, sounds like you're on the right track, all right! I'm practicing emulating the Circle - using both sticks simultaneously to both circle the point of interest (POI) and yaw the drone at the same time and at the same speed to keep the POI centered (more or less) in the video. Doing it smoothly is very challenging for me, but I am getting a little better at it. Thanks for the update. Keep us in the loop and happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d