DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot

Fuzzyreticle

Reactions
I purchased a Mavic Pro today. I have been watching videos and reading the Dji manual for a while now. I've been reading the posts here and on the Dji forum to increase my knowledge before buying. I purchased the drone for my 13 year old son and for myself. My son started with a Cyma X8G and has been flying that for over a year now. The cyma is a hobby/toy drone that has no FPV or GPS. It's all manual. He is an excellent pilot. The Mavic is simplicity itself compared the the Cyma. Our first flights today went well and we are doing a crawl, walk, run approach. Each flight we push it a little further and gain proficiency with a new feature on each flight. We flew 6 times today and everything went great. The setup and update process went well. This was one of the reasons I got the Mavic after reading how troublesome the Phantom series can be with firmware updates. We are using his iPhone SE and so far no issues. I am looking forward to flying the Mavic some more as time allows. It is so easy to fly and the video is pretty impressive. So far I am very happy with the purchase. Lots to learn. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Fuzzyreticle
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the Mavic family!!! Fly safe!

Welcome to the forum, @Fuzzyreticle. We hope you enjoy your Mavic, I'm sure you will. Safe flying and don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance to you.

I purchased a Mavic Pro today. I have been watching videos and reading the Dji manual for a while now. I've been reading the posts here and on the Dji forum to increase my knowledge before buying. I purchased the drone for my 13 year old son and for myself. My son started with a Cyma X8G and has been flying that for over a year now. The cyma is a hobby/toy drone that has no FPV or GPS. It's all manual. He is an excellent pilot. The Mavic is simplicity itself compared the the Cyma. Our first flights today went well and we are doing a crawl, walk, run approach. Each flight we push it a little further and gain proficiency with a new feature on each flight. We flew 6 times today and everything went great. The setup and update process went well. This was one of the reasons I got the Mavic after reading how troublesome the Phantom series can be with firmware updates. We are using his iPhone SE and so far no issues. I am looking forward to flying the Mavic some more as time allows. It is so easy to fly and the video is pretty impressive. So far I am very happy with the purchase. Lots to learn. :)
Howdy from Wyoming Fuzzyreticle, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403