DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot

Arkaig

Reactions
Morning all,

Took my maiden flight last night in wind of 15mph gusting 23mph. Was swithering whether or not to fly. Using the UAV Forecast app which is great. Did say not to fly. I read on here similar conditions have handled well. So off I went. I have a nice dry reservoir close by which was ideal. Well pleased with the way it handled the wind. Solid it was. Sods law, now, this NEVER happens. A bloody Heli passed right overhead nice an low! I was. On the ground at the time so no issues and limiting myself to 30m until I get a little more confident. One question though. The photos and video taken, do you guys just take the files from your phone or download from the SD card?

Cheers, happy flying.

Morning all,

Took my maiden flight last night in wind of 15mph gusting 23mph. Was swithering whether or not to fly. Using the UAV Forecast app which is great. Did say not to fly. I read on here similar conditions have handled well. So off I went. I have a nice dry reservoir close by which was ideal. Well pleased with the way it handled the wind. Solid it was. Sods law, now, this NEVER happens. A bloody Heli passed right overhead nice an low! I was. On the ground at the time so no issues and limiting myself to 30m until I get a little more confident. One question though. The photos and video taken, do you guys just take the files from your phone or download from the SD card?

Cheers, happy flying.
Howdy from Wyoming @Arkaig , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Glad you enjoyed that maiden voyage. I did note three red alerts in your description. First, the UAV Forecast said not to fly but you did. 2nd was the word reservoir, which means you might fly over WATER. 3rd.... Make sure that helicopter was not flying over a regular route. You might be right in his flight path next time. You did seem confident, though. Just hope you'll be careful. Most importantly, see if there is an heliport nearby.

Thanks all. Netfolks2000, I loved it! I flew in the winds after doing some research as opposed to saying "**** it!". I'm glad I did because I now have a benchmark going forward. I wasn't brave enough to take it out over the water the reservoir was real dry so loads of open space to play in. I'm a bit of an aircraft nut and the Heli was unusual also. Don't worry, read up on all the regs and will be a respectful drone user. Bought for taking into the mountains mainly which will be an interesting dynamic given the wind patterns are quite different.

Reactions: REDAGITATOR
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Arkaig
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr