DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new pilot

sand4man

Reactions
I bought this Mavic 2 Pro to fly around my construction site. We are 1 mile from the airport (small regional airport).
My Mavic 2 Pro will not even turn the props.
I did at one time go to the FAA (do not even remember what I did) and got permission to fly 1/8 mile from my property and no more than 100' high but lost that email from the FAA.
Please describe step by step what do I need to do to get this bad boy flying.
Also how do I input the permission from the FAA to DJI Software (how does it ever know)?
How do I get a license from the FAA and do they issue a number that I place on my drone?

I bought this Mavic 2 Pro to fly around my construction site. We are 1 mile from the airport (small regional airport).
My Mavic 2 Pro will not even turn the props.
I did at one time go to the FAA (do not even remember what I did) and got permission to fly 1/8 mile from my property and no more than 100' high but lost that email from the FAA.
Please describe step by step what do I need to do to get this bad boy flying.
Also how do I input the permission from the FAA to DJI Software (how does it ever know)?
How do I get a license from the FAA and do they issue a number that I place on my drone?
1. Please give more details on what your. controller or device messaged you when the drone wouldn’t fly... you may have just missed the checkbox, many do. Screenshot would be nice.
2. Don’t think you can. You could try AirMap app for flight clearance, but may not work now that the bird has the don’t fly from DJI
3. Here’s a link to the FAA page which has info and a link to register your drone:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Welcome to the forum! :)

how do I input the permission from the FAA to DJI Software (how does it ever know)?
If you're flying in an authorization zone, you'll need to either self unlock from DJI GO (or this page) or submit the necessary information to DJI to custom unlock from this page.

Are you flying for commercial purposes? If so, you'll also need a remote pilot license. See more details here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111