DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Launch - Phantom Rain ! Lunar Landing Pad System :]

While Hand Landing/Hand Catch may not be for everyone, some of us prefer that method over any other and if done with some precaution and skills it's very safe. I'd guess I currently have over 500 hand landings (honestly probably more if I logged those details). Even back in the days of flying a Phantom for hundreds of flights a month we preferred hand catch probably 50-1 over landing. The only time I do NOT hand catch is when I'm teaching new operators how to fly/land.

If you aren't comfortable with hand catching or the wind is more than you can safely handle then land whichever way works best for you but knowing how to hand catch safely (and practice it) isn't a bad idea in the least. You should be able to perform many different flying (and landing) techniques just in case your default method isn't possible or safe . . .

i dont think you log something like hand catching into triple digits. It's intuitive learning,
like playing with balls, sports

I dont know why you all want to choose a csv juggle, when you can press stick down.
Landing Protection can afford to be off most of the time, or even better, turned on
if you need it

Ok, seems like an alternative for some. For me It seems that you are inviting an issue by introducing another platform into the equation. You already have your hands on the TX now you have the TX and a platform and then are going to land on the platform. Three things 2 hands. Seems like if you get a little off center you could end up dropping your UAS or TX. I compliment the effort but I would rather just secure it with a hand catch.

Ok, seems like an alternative for some. For me It seems that you are inviting an issue by introducing another platform into the equation. You already have your hands on the TX now you have the TX and a platform and then are going to land on the platform. Three things 2 hands. Seems like if you get a little off center you could end up dropping your UAS or TX. I compliment the effort but I would rather just secure it with a hand catch.

Right on, A good majority of flyers wait for the day when the leaves dont blow and hand catch is easy peasy.

Add a little wind, rain, snow , slippery surface, low light or even a crowd and I will show you someone about to get a wee bit nervous if not stressing about hand catching there drone.

One thing I noticed about myself and others catching there drone in the hand is we look foolish to those around us. The Lunar Pad makes you look and feel confident , I like that .

I also like how transparent the Lunar case is to others rather than a closed and concealed case which causes doubt and and some to stress making a phone call.

This way if i go under a bridge or I am walking around some building , or creeping late at night everyone knows its a drone , I like that kind of Transparency.

I also really like how I am ready to fly with the pull of one strap, no fidgeting , unfolding, no wearing of the drone , just place it down and fly , I now call it the Lunar Launch..

So its more than an alternative its simply become the most satifying way to fly your Mavic Series Drone

We have it ready to ship for the Mavic 2 and Mavic Pro with the Phone controller or the Smart Controller.

I really like the fact that the Smart Controller can fit two ways, this way you can protect the Glass or you can be Search and Rescue Ready with the Sticks up.
I love that, Perfectly balanced for the easiest and safest hand catching possible. I most likely will make one in every color for myself. lolll

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain./
Maker of the Lunar landing Pad/ case
Coal

Sticks up : Search and Rescue Ready

Glass down Protection mode:

That Orange glow is looking amazing at night , waves were coming over the rock with 25 mph winds and the lunar pad provided a rock steady take off station for me to confront the winds, the Lunar Pad made it easy. Way Cool

Will post video of the take off and landing on the website latter tonight.

Reactions: BigAl07
The Mavic Lunar Landing Pads make landing and launching effortless in any terrain .

The Patent will be completed on friday so this Monday we can Officially release them on the Web Site. . Phantomrain.org

The Phantom Rain Lunar Landing Pads will come in 4 Colors:

Lunar Black - All Black
Lunar Lime - Neon Green - Brightest of the colors,

Lunar Deep Purple as shown above ( favorite )
Lunar Orange - Orange
Lunar - Green - Army Green.

Forum members will have a special price !
Phantom Rain Clients will also have a Special Price !

If your interested PM me Or
email me at [email protected]

Let me know what controller you have: Crystal sky / Smart Controller / Original Controller and what Drone you have Mavic 2 / Mavic pro / Mavic air / Mavic Platinum / Mavic enterprise.

Mavic Enterprise will be a special edition coming soon.
This will considered a special order.

If you have any Questions I will do my best to answer them .

The video should give you a good understanding of the Product and why it makes flying so easy.
Order will be filled in the Order they come.

Phantomarain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and the maker of the Lunar Launch Pad System.
Coal

Nice Audi TT by the way

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That Orange glow is looking amazing at night , waves were coming over the rock with 25 mph winds and the lunar pad provided a rock steady take off station for me to confront the winds, the Lunar Pad made it easy. Way Cool

Will post video of the take off and landing on the website latter tonight.

View attachment 77261

With full respect Phantomrain, Did you case a Neoprene wharhouse? ;)

• Wow
The Lunar Landing Pad is a Revolutionary new way of Hand Catching your drone.*

It's Safe / Fast and very Secure and even minimizes the risk of Hand Catching and launching your drone.

Hand Launching with the Lunar Pad is so effortless that you won't think twice about using it and helps to avoid Magnetic interference and Compass errors.

The Lunar Pad changes the time spent searching for a place to take off and land. Extreme weather / wind / snow / rain no longer such a big factor when landing or taking off.

*The Lunar Pad also provides a Fast and Secure method of carrying your drone*, controller and some extra batteries.

Unlike a normal case, the Lunar Pad/Case is Transparent and nothing is hidden to cause any suspicions of what you are carrying.

The Lunar pad uses 6 Custom Made Velcro straps that are self locking to secure what it carries, and utilized custom Cut outs to keep everything in place.

The self Locking feature keeping the straps locked in at all times because of their large size, they work well with gloves.

The Lunar Pad allows for a Quick Launch for an immediate take off, providing a really fast execution. Perfect for search and rescues.

*Calibration has never been easier - no more spinning around* - The Lunar pad allows you to spin the drone making for a perfect calibration .

They are Custom Built to the tools we use the most and the Lunar Pad completely enhances the Mavic Flying Experience.

My favorite feature is simply knowing that at a glance that I have everything I need for a flight.

Currently we are offering 3 designs for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom the Mavic Pro/Plantinum and the Mavic Air.
Each Lunar Pad has the Ability to Carry 5 Batteries if the 2 Utility Slots are used.

They Retail $135 on the website : As always we offer a special price for all Mavic Pilots Forum members $99.95 plus shipping .

View attachment 77545

The video should give you a good understanding of the Product and why it makes flying so easy.
Order will be filled in the Order they come.

Phantomarain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and the maker of the Lunar Launch Pad System.
Coal

How well does it work on a moving boat? With wind? rocking and rolling?

How well does it work on a moving boat? With wind? rocking and rolling?

Two big advantages on the Boat: One you have the extended reach, and the other is that you can focus more on catching the drone rather than trying to land it.

We fly in extreme weather conditions , and so snatching it out of the wind is really nice if you have all the sensor off , a must in the heavy wind.

One thing you notice after awhile of flying the drone in the wind and that is the drone seems to want to find a particular spot to hover in once you bring it down and being able to go to it is the key to an easy landing.

The truth is : there is no reason now to ever let your drone touch the ground avoiding much of the magnetic interference and on a boat you have a lot of that so hand launching becomes very important and lunar pad gives you and extended reach to do that. very very nice and easy to work with.

The other thing is once the drone lands you can secure it instantly.

Thank you for your interest.
Phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes the Lunar Landing Pad does have some built in Safety Features.

The Non Skid Plate allows you to tilt the pad up to 45 degrees. with the drone still in place,
There front Strap also acts as a Catch Strap if you were to go further. Very cool

The angle that drone takes off at from a Hand Launch is also very safe as it takes off flying forward at a 25 Degree angle away from you. This slight tilt allows you a safe and secure hand Launch .

We made the Lunar Landing Pad for Safe and Secure flying without any unwanted Stress.

The Same shot with the Lunar Pad at an angle down: Will be posting a new video showing how that works , its way to hot to play with the camera this week,

Tilting the pad down even just a little provides a perfect hand Launch every time.

For those asking about the Cover Plates , there being made, I really like the idea we came up with.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting edge Gear for your Mavic
Coal

Special Forum Price is still $99.95 plus $5.95 shipping .

Can you incorporate a take off and land button on the bottom of pad so you use one hand and one finger from that hand. I notice you have to think of what going on with the RC hand , it's kind of a balancing act between the pad and RC. So just to clarify this I'm very happy to see the product you developed and it works well. I envision holding the drone up on the launching pad and with my index finger I engage a safety button.then push the take off using one hand....Like I said it's just a vision.......

Can you incorporate a take off and land button on the bottom of pad so you use one hand and one finger from that hand. I notice you have to think of what going on with the RC hand , it's kind of a balancing act between the pad and RC. So just to clarify this I'm very happy to see the product you developed and it works well. I envision holding the drone up on the launching pad and with my index finger I engage a safety button.then push the take off using one hand....Like I said it's just a vision.......

So a single flight is much easier because you have the controller prepared where as I am setting the drone up over and over again..
Regarding the button is a good idea as is getting rid of the swipe for an actual button, but its a safety feature for non accidental take offs.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I know where your coming from with that but things get improved and new features happens to keep the product selling. I know it's a silly vision but that's how new feature happen. Ideas, silly or not keeps the irons in the fire.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas