DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Launch - Phantom Rain ! Lunar Landing Pad System :]

Coal, really looking forward to getting my hands on one of your Lunar Landing Pads!!
As soon as you get it ready for purchase I’ll be ready to give you some money ;););)
This’ll really be something that’ll save me time getting ready to get my M2P up in the air so I just wanna say thanks for coming up with this.
Phil

Coal, really looking forward to getting my hands on one of your Lunar Landing Pads!!
As soon as you get it ready for purchase I’ll be ready to give you some money ;););)
This’ll really be something that’ll save me time getting ready to get my M2P up in the air so I just wanna say thanks for coming up with this.
Phil

I really appreciate that thank you phil and the pictures. .
I will keep you posted as we move forward, do me a favor. post your email on here so i can stay organzied with who email and notes are forum members.
Thank you and talk soon.

Coal

Reactions: Inspirephil
Got to have a couple.

Do you ship to AU?
Yes we do ship out the Wet Suits and will do the same for the Lunar Pads.
do you know what color you are thinking about. ? What controller , what drone ?

Having the bird with its spinning props anywhere near my face or body on takeoff or landing is not an attractive proposition. I've seen pictures of what a mishap can do to flesh. Just my thought though!

Having the bird with its spinning props anywhere near my face or body on takeoff or landing is not an attractive proposition. I've seen pictures of what a mishap can do to flesh. Just my thought though!

That is a valid point but my main concern is for others around me,

kids, dogs, cats, babies, mother with there strollers, bicylcle riders, cars, boaters and ship mates

If I can take responsiblity for getting that drone out of the air quickly and safely , than I am hoping others will accept that risk also.

Think of it like a shield that can protect you and others instantly , so the down side of risk is rather meek compared to proetecting the innocent bystanders .

The more I use it , the more benefits are coming to light.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
It appears that you have the Landing Protection and Obstacle Avoidance turned off. Can we see a video of a landing with all of those turned on?

Many of us would rather not have to turn those systems off, especially while in flight just before landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspirephil
I really appreciate that thank you phil and the pictures. .
I will keep you posted as we move forward, do me a favor. post your email on here so i can stay organzied with who email and notes are forum members.
Thank you and talk soon.

Coal
Sounds great Coal and my email address is [email protected].
Really looking forward to hearing from you about the Lunar Landing Pad asap to make flying my M2P easier and more efficient.
Are you still going to be able to get it ready this Monday?
Please let me know when it’s going to be available for purchase.

Phil

It appears that you have the Landing Protection and Obstacle Avoidance turned off. Can we see a video of a landing with all of those turned on?

Many of us would rather not have to turn those systems off, especially while in flight just before landing.

YES ! You can land with all the sensor on and the landing protection on also , Takes exactly 3 seconds for the Mavic to notice the pad and begin decent.

YES ! The straps actually lock into place after use , they are never loose.

Last edited:

Was thinking this too.. there’s no way I want my drone within nearly 1 ft of my face. Plus having only one hand on the controller is just asking for trouble IMO.

Was thinking this too.. there’s no way I want my drone within nearly 1 ft of my face. Plus having only one hand on the controller is just asking for trouble IMO.

While Hand Landing/Hand Catch may not be for everyone, some of us prefer that method over any other and if done with some precaution and skills it's very safe. I'd guess I currently have over 500 hand landings (honestly probably more if I logged those details). Even back in the days of flying a Phantom for hundreds of flights a month we preferred hand catch probably 50-1 over landing. The only time I do NOT hand catch is when I'm teaching new operators how to fly/land.

If you aren't comfortable with hand catching or the wind is more than you can safely handle then land whichever way works best for you but knowing how to hand catch safely (and practice it) isn't a bad idea in the least. You should be able to perform many different flying (and landing) techniques just in case your default method isn't possible or safe . . .

There are some situations where you can not land normally—such as when the landing zone is moving or not stable, tall grass, rocky ground, sandy beach, small balcony, and so on. I've hand-caught in all those environment. With the M2P, I only do it when necessary. On my P4, it is much easier, so I'll do it more often.

Hand-catching is not for everyone and I highly recommend practicing over and over—before you really need to do it.

Last edited:
Update: Lunar Landing Pad for the Mavic Series of Drones

Forgot all about the Holiday and the cause and effect that has.
but more importantly we ordered some tooling on Line from a company in PA united states thinking it was close to our head quarters in Ohio , we could drive if need be. Made a phone call , talked to a real person put in the purchase order.

Purchase order comes back Stamped from Switzerland. Enough said.
Editing Arrival Post in the thread.

Interested in landing Pad
send me an email - [email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: BigAl07
Will you make a basic model that is just the handheld landing pad (without the underside storage)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne