DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to DJI and UAV's in general...

beldog41

Reactions
I made my Mavic's maiden voyage today!

Being new to DJI and really the whole world of multirotors I was very surprised at the ease of flying this thing. I did purchase a ~$100, toy quad a few months ago to try and acquire some of the necessary skills do stay aloft and out of the pucker.... After burning through all 3 batteries and having a great time I can safely say i have a new addiction.

My goal is to get some flying/photography practice in while there is still snow on the ground so I can be ready to make some nice videos come spring/summer to use for marketing purposes. Having no background in photography either I know I have a long road ahead of me. I've been reading everything I can get me hands on to try and soak up the science and gather some insight to the finesse needed to get some great videos.

Any advice you want to bestow on me I would greatly appreciate!

I'm just a golf course superintendent with a dream of taking photos/videos from above my
baby

Last edited:
Reactions: mango416
hi, nice try. what happened up to 1:18? blurry....that course is kinda huge. would love to see more of it slower pans and maybe a higher fps??? kinda a novice myself. started with original phantom and still play with aerial platforms. love love the hobby. keep on doing it you can only get better

I'm not sure about the video quality. Seems ok to me, can be blurry if you dont hit he "gear" and pick 1080... Or it could be just be my untrained eye. I will make many more videos and can only hope to improve with each! I have a lot more footage from today but this was actually the shortest one I had and didn't feel like messing around too much with video editing, as I am new to that as well. So much to learn!

yeah i know the feeling, well enjoy and hope to see some more finished content in the future from you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78