DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drone from Toronto, Canada

PDDTheCircle

Reactions
Hi everyone, I’m new to drone, just bought a MA2. While waiting for it delivery, I’m preparing myself by reading MA2 manual and downloading apps. I’m wondering is there any recommendations about apps that good to have for fly a drone, such as check altitude, weather condition, flight near you. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hi PDDTheCircle. I am in the exact situation as I am eagerly awaiting my MA2 to arrive and have been doing some research as well being new to drone.

I have seen others recommending UAV Forecast which provides the info you are looking for in an app. And I think if you read through some of the threads under the Canada forum, there are some great resources there as well, such as where we can fly (or mostly where we cannot) in Toronto.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow French Canadians and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

I'm glad you're reading the manual! UAV Forecast is good. I also use AirMap (free). Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Thanks for joining!

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow French Canadians and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

I'm glad you're reading the manual! UAV Forecast is good. I also use AirMap (free). Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Thanks for joining!
Thank you for the advices! I’ll try the apps you mentioned! For practicing lost drone recovery, should I use the Dji fly simulation or real drone flight?

Hi PDDTheCircle. I am in the exact situation as I am eagerly awaiting my MA2 to arrive and have been doing some research as well being new to drone.

I have seen others recommending UAV Forecast which provides the info you are looking for in an app. And I think if you read through some of the threads under the Canada forum, there are some great resources there as well, such as where we can fly (or mostly where we cannot) in Toronto.
Thank you, that very useful information! I will browse Canada forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter